Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am having trouble installing ioncube loaders on 1and1 hosting. I follow the guide given on http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_language ... hp/16.html , but I am still unable to get it right.

I had spent more than 5 hours in trying various setups, but no luck. There is one thread here on forum which conatins some info, but it doesn't work for me.

Please if anyone has experience in succesfully installing loaders on 1and1 ,help me!!

Thanks,

Mirko
hi Mirko, I use 1and1 hosting for all my Couch sites - what exactly is the problem, can you give a bit more detail on the error you are getting?
Thanks for offering your help. Have you followed the guide on 1and1 site, or you have installed it your way?
Yes I do it the 1and1 method ... it's been a while since I referred directly to their help topic as I made my own notes after going through the process the first time.

These may be extra snippets of info that are in my notes that aren't in the 1and1 instructions:

1. save php.ini in site folder (if site is in a subfolder make sure this is reflected in the file path within php.ini e.g. if site is being developed in a 'dev' folder - dev/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so)

2. loader-wizard.php should be in the ioncube folder

3. FTP php.ini to ioncube folder!!!!!

4. FTP php.ini to Couch (or renamed Couch) folder

5. Access www.sitename.com/ioncube/loader-wizard.php

These are a bit brief I know - but may help you sort out what is happening or more likely not happening ... good luck!
Many thanks for sharing these tips with me. The problem is that I constantly get the error that the file php.ini is not recognized by PHP, if i change it to php5.ini, then that errror is gone, but then it says that the required zend extension is not there, but it is!!

I will now try a few more times, but if I don't succeed, will you be kind enough to install them for me. I can pm you the creds, no problem. I've spent whole Sunday in trying, really don't know what to do :cry:

Thanks
I do sympathise .... because php.ini works for me at 1and1, I guess it should for you too. Here are a couple of sample php.ini files. The first for a site that is currently in a 'dev' folder and the second for a site that is in a folder 'mywebsite.com'.

Code: Select all
zend_extension = /kunden/homepages/42/d123456789/htdocs/dev/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

On previous sites the php.ini file looks like this:
Code: Select all
zend_extension = /kunden/homepages/16/d123456789/htdocs/mywebsite.com/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I have changed the d123456789 in each case ....

What does your php.ini file look like?
I can't believe it. I think the problem the whole time was in the php.ini generated by loader wizard. Uploaded my own and it works.

Thanks Potato, you have been very helpfull.
Hooray! Glad it's sorted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1