Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I turned on Pretty URL's and created a .htaccess file and place it in the subfolder in which the site lives ( I am on a shared GoDaddy server). When I go to blog.php I see the rewrite happen but it takes me to a 404. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Hi,

Cannot see anything manifestly wrong here.
Just a couple points that strike me -
You said:
..created a .htaccess file and place it in the subfolder in which the site lives ( I am on a shared GoDaddy server)

and the .htaccess file has the directive to factor in the subfolder:
RewriteBase /mysubfolder

- I just wanted to confirm that your site's URL (as used to access it from the browser, of course) indeed has the 'mysubfolder' at it's end. I mean, the name sounds a bit contrived to me. Can you please confirm that you have used the right folder name in .htaccess?

Secondly, there is no entry for 'index.php' in the .htaccess file.
Can you please try adding the index.php of your site to Couch and regenerate the .htaccess?

If this does not help, please feel free to PM me your site's FTP + Couch creds and I'll be happy to login and try to rectify the problem.

Thanks.
I was setting the /mysubfolder as the domain it was residing on. Right after I posted I changed the Rewrite to just / and that seemed to do the trick.
That happens :)
I am glad the problem is resolved.
4 posts Page 1 of 1