Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, hello!
Would it be possible to upload finished code for the example from the tutorial "Nested Pages (AKA Menu Maker)"?
That would be very helpful, and I could probably figure out from that finished code this what I will ask now......

I have started to go through the tutorial, and I am stuck at the beginning, because I do not get how "parent-page" dropdown (that lists existing pages of the same template) comes to be? I have created two cloned pages, and nothing appears in my admin panel....

Thanks in advance

Tanja
Hi Tanja,

A template supporting nested-pages is no different from any other template that you create in Couch (and you know very well how to create those).

Just make sure that the cms:template tag has additionally the nested_pages='1' declaration
<cms:template clonable='1' nested_pages='1'>

</cms:template>

Of course you also need to visit the modified template (using the same browser that has your Couch admin-panel open with you logged-in as super-admin) for the changes to take effect.

It it still does not work, please paste in your template code here for us to see if there is anything coded wrong.

Thanks.
Hello Kamran!

It seems that the problem was in my old version of Couch....
I updated to 1.2.5 , and that drop down menu with parent pages options appeared immediately...

I guess I´ll need to take care about Couch Versions and updates.....

Thanks for your prompt answer anyway....

Great that you have added "How-Tos" section in the forum...

best regards

Tanja
3 posts Page 1 of 1