Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm wondering why this is happening as the current version of the CKEditor partially supports mobile Safari. Which version of the CKEditor is integrated to the current version of Couch?

The admin page where the "richtext"-editor shows up on when I'm using my laptop just appears empty when I'm viewing it with my iPad. "nicedit" seems to work fine though.

Screencapture from iPad mobile Safari (newest iOS available)
Hi,

The version of CKEditor that ships with the current version of Couch is 3.5.4.
There is a patch available to upgrade to v3.6.3 here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7050

I think you'd also be interested in knowing that (this has been discussed elsewhere in the forum), Atomic web browser works well with CKEditor on iPad. Set headers to Firefox3.
Ok, I followed the directions but it gives me errors about headers being already sent when executing the file ckeditor_v363b.php and the CKEditor doesn't load even on my laptop anymore.

I checked the ckeditor_v363b.php file and it starts with a few PHP lines like this:

Code: Select all
<?php 
header("Expires: ".gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s", time()+315360000)." GMT");
header("Cache-Control: max-age=315360000");
header("Content-Type: text/javascript");
// Patched with https://dev.ckeditor.com/changeset/7523
?>

I deleted those three lines that try to set the headers too late and the errors go away and the editor loads again. Can't test with my iPad right now but I'll report here when I've done so.

Thanks for the Atomic tip by the way!
Strange..those lines of PHP sending the headers are present even in 3.5.3, so can't see why that should now be a problem. In any case the 'ckeditor_v363b.php' file is requested as a separate standalone file so there is no question of setting the headers 'too late' - these should be the only headers being set.

I've had just one previous report of the editor having disappeared after the upgrade so maybe there is something amiss a little somewhere.
I wonder if would be possible for you to please grant me FTP access to your setup for just a little while? I'd really like to see this happen first-hand so as to try and get some clue.

Thanks.
Thank you for granting me access to your server.

The issue, as it turns out, is that notorious utf BOM header (the two invisible bytes at the head of a file encoded in UTF) again :(
I simply resaved the file as 'UTF without BOM' and that fixed the issue.

Thanks again for reporting this problem and helping me rectify it :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1