Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm getting these kind of errors when I trie to view my Blog page (the one that lists all articles) in the Couch management pages logged in as superadmin. Any idea why and how to fix this? Should I just disable warnings from php.ini and if so, is it safe?

I checked my php.ini and the timezone set there (Europe/Helsinki) is correct.

Errors:

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /srv/www/jsalovaara.com/public_html/main/manage/edit-pages.php on line 1136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /srv/www/jsalovaara.com/public_html/main/manage/edit-pages.php on line 1136

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /srv/www/jsalovaara.com/public_html/main/manage/edit-pages.php on line 1136

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /srv/www/jsalovaara.com/public_html/main/manage/edit-pages.php on line 1136
Hi,

It is strange to get this warning despite the timezone value being set in php.ini.

Anyways, it is an innocuous warning and we can safely ignore it.
If you could upgrade to Couch v1.3 (downloadable from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7014), I am sure this warning will go away.

Alternatively, you can try placing the following within your config.php file to satisfy PHP -
date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");

Do let me know if this helped. Thanks.
Upgraded to Couch 3.0 RC1 but it didn't solve the problem. I still got the same errors but adding the "date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");" to the bottom of the config.php file satisfied the server.

So no errors now, thanks!
Thank you for letting me know.
This was the first report of this kind that I've had. I'll try and dig deeper into the issue to find a permanent solution.

Thanks.
4 posts Page 1 of 1