Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am attempting to install CouchCMS on our godaddy.com site. I have already reviewed the other post in regards to installing with godaddy and was able to successfully get ionCube installed. However, everytime I go to my url http://becomepremier.com/testfolder/couch/ I get an Internal Service Error. I have checked and double checked my config.php file for the correct Database name, username, pw, and hostname and I'm 99% it's all correct. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Danielle
Hello and welcome :)

Please delete the .htaccess file within your Couch installation folder.
GoDaddy has been reported to have trouble with some directives within the file.

Do let me know if this solves the problem.
I was actually just looking at this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179
and I deleted all three of the htc access files and I'm still getting the error :)
Strange..
Could you then please take a look at your web-server's error logs (accessible from CPanel)?
It should tell us exactly what the problem is.
You may, if you so wish, PM me your CPanel creds and I can try to find out the problem.

Thanks
I took a look at the Error Logs (in case any of you godaddy.com users don't know, you have to login, launch your domain from the Web Hosting section, go into your FTP Manager, and then click Error logs.
I am using Dreamweaver and had deleted my htc.access files from Dreamweaver and reuploaded to the server. However, I actually had needed to delete them from Dreamweaver And delete them in my FTP manager in GoDaddy as they were still on my server. After doing that, my Internal Service Error went away.

Thanks!
I am having the same issue. The problem is I can't find any .htaccess files in the /couch folder. Am I looking in the wrong place?
@tonjaggart
Hi,

The .htaccess file is very much present in the installation folder. Maybe it is just not being shown in the file listing by your FTP client. This happens when a FTP client is configured to hide certain files. Please check that this is not the case.

If you still have any difficulty, please feel free to PM me your site's FTP creds and I'll look into the problem.

Thanks.
Hi Couchers

I have the same Installation Problems over here.
When you say "delete the .htaccess-File" are you talking about "gen_htaccess.php"? That's the only file with htaccess in its name that I can find. And it's not because its hidden on the FTP-Server. For example, there is also no such file in the screenshot of the "Building a real-world site"-Tutorial.

Also, deleting the gen_htaccess.php doesn't solve the problem.

Please help me, I'm starting to go crazy!! Couch seems like the perfect CMS, the thing i've been looking for for a long time. If only I could install it!!!
@tobi
When you say "delete the .htaccess-File" are you talking about "gen_htaccess.php"?

No no. I meant the file named '.htaccess' (it starts with a dot '.' i.e. has only the extension).
If you download and unzip Couch from our site you'll find that the 'couch' folder contains a file named '.htaccess'. This is the file being referred to.

Anyways, if the site you are trying out Couch on happens to be online, please feel free to PM me your FTP/CPanel details and I'll try and find the problem for you.

Thanks.
9 posts Page 1 of 1