Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
The key is to visit the modified template in the same browser with which you are logged in as super admin. If for example you log in with Chrome and visit the modified template with Firefox, the template will not update. Good luck on the new site. ;)
Im having the same problem. I only have 1 user (created during the installation process) so it is a super-admin. Editable regions simply do not show in the admin panel. Also the template titles do not show, it displays the actual name of the php page instead. I visit the page and refresh then revisit the admin panel but "No Editable Regions defined". Please advise on how I can move forward with this issue. I was very much looking forward to purchasing and using couchcms for current and future projects but this is disheartening.
Hello and welcome @pixelignitor :)

I am so sorry you are facing this problem.
As already discussed in this thread, the most common mistake is accessing the modified template in a different browser (i.e. not the one that has the admin-panel open and you logged-in as super-admin).

But I trust you've already tried all the methods outlined in this thread (my favourite is placing the EDIT link visible only to super-admins).

So, that leaves us with only one possibility and that is the code in your template is throwing up some error so the update never completes.
Normally, Couch complains loud and clear on encountering an error but this might be some corner case.
Please do a view:source of your generated page (that you access as super-admin). Do you find some extraneous content within it? Some kind of an error message perhaps. This could be our clue.

If you wish you can PM me your template and I'll examine it to see if there is some error in it.
Finally, if your site happens to be online, you can grant me temporary access to it and I can see first-hand as to what might be going wrong.

Thanks.
@pixelignitor, Thanks for entrusting me with your site's creds.
I've PMed you a detailed reply but I'll repeat here what I found for completing this thread -

Your template makes use of existing PHP scripts
Code: Select all
<?php

require_once('xxx/cart-load.php');

require_once('xxx/classes/load-classes.php');

$getAll = new Product();

which is usually not a problem but in this case, one of the scripts is causing the execution to end before COUCH::invoke(); (the very last statement) can be reached. This is why the editable regions don't get added.

While Couch can co-exist with existing PHP code, it is not desirable for just the kind of problem we are running into. Two programs can mess with each other (that is why we only claim that Couch can be retrofitted into 'static' sites - i.e. plain HTML/CSS sites).

Please let me know if you think I can help you in any way.
Thanks.
14 posts Page 2 of 2