Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I'm working on a new site with Couch CMS and am having regularly trouble updating the template.

Right now, I'm having two issues:
I've added a custom toolbar, but the field keeps showing the standard toolset

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='rij1' order='1' type='richtext' toolbar='custom' custom_toolbar='bold, italic, bulletedlist, outdent, indent, removeformat, pastetext, pastefromword, image, table, format, link, unlink, -, source'>
</cms:editable>

I've also added two new fields, visit the changed page through the web while logged in (and refresh), and still no change in the template.

<cms:editable name='rij1_test' order='4' type='richtext' toolbar='custom' custom_toolbar='bold, italic, bulletedlist, outdent, indent, removeformat, pastetext, pastefromword, image, table, format, link, unlink, -, source'>
</cms:editable>

Am I doing something wrong?
Hi,

Let us try and debug the issue step-by-step:

Is the custom toolbar causing the issue?
Try placing in a simple editable region into the template e.g.
<cms:editable name='test' />
Go through the mandatory 'ritual' of visiting the template as super-admin.
Returning back to the admin - does the new editable region appear?

If Yes:
Something indeed seems to be going wrong with the custom toolbar. Please send me your complete template and I'll try and figure out what is it that is causing this.

If No:
Something else is the problem. Please visit the template again in your browser as super-admin and this time open up the generated HTML (view-source). Try and see if there is any PHP warning, error or something that was not expected.

In either case, if the problem cannot be found (and if your site is online) please get me your FTP/Couch creds and I can test directly.

Thanks
Hi KK,

Thanks for your help!

I've removed al custom toolbars in the php file, went through the update cycle, but still nothing...

I'll mail you the login data!
Thank you for the creds.

I logged in as super-admin, added the custom toolbar to the editable regions, visited the template and found everything happening just as expected - all the editable regions showed the modified toolbar.
Please login and confirm this.

So, if at all there is a problem I wasn't able to reproduce it on the very same server.
I can only suggest that next time you happen to run against the same problem please make sure that you are logged-in as 'super-admin' and not 'admin'.
Hm, that's odd...

If that's so, then sorry to have bothered you with this. I'l check it and test it on a different system as well.
It appears to be browser related. I've tested it on all different templates in different browsers.

These browsers won't update the template:

MAC;
Chrome
Firefox
Safari

Windows
Chrome

What DOES work is Internet Explorer. So there seems to be a different way in which IE handles these pages? Also, this did not happen with new templates, it happens when I want to sync a modification.
Hi,

I think you are missing some fundamental step here.

Please follow the following steps *exactly* and everything should work fine -
This will work for all browsers that you are having trouble with but for now we'll use Chrome.
1. Close *all* browsers.
2. Fire up Chrome.
3. In the browser opened above go to your Couch admin.
4. login as *super-admin*
5. Make the desired modifications to your template.
6. Now in another tab (or another instance) of *Chrome* go to your modified template.
7. Come back to the admin opened in step 3. See your template's entry here (or refresh if already open).
8. The modifications should be visible now.

Please, please follow each of the steps mentioned above *exactly* as described.
Do let me know hoe you fare.

Thanks
Right now it seems to work again... I'll keep your list here close, so if it doesn't work like it should I'll go through these steps exactly. But thanks for now!
Hi,

The key concept here is that you need to be logged-in as super-admin in the browser that you are visiting the modified template.

Here is a small snippet that will help you in recognizing whether or not you are accessing a template as super-admin. Please place the following snippet somewhere in your template (preferably at the top where you can easily see it)
<cms:if k_user_access_level ge '10' >
  <p><a href="<cms:admin_link />">EDIT</a></p>
</cms:if>

This will show you a 'EDIT' link only if you are a super-admin.
If this link is visible you can be sure that the modifications will take effect.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Wow, that a nice tag, handy! Thanks!
14 posts Page 1 of 2