Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
hello ... I am trying to use SEARCH on a template for events and this includes pages with a date in the future. I have tried the following:
Code: Select all
<cms:search masterpage='events.php' show_future_entries='1' >
- but I still don't pick up results from events pages with a date in the future. show_future_entries isn't documented as a parameter for the search tag.

Is there something else I can try? Thanks.
Hi Potato,

It seems the 'search' tag is hardwired to ignore pages with their publish-date set to future.
Frankly, never occurred to me someone would want such pages to be searchable and clearly I was wrong as I discounted the possibility of events.

So for now, I am sorry there is little that can be done in the current version to rectify this.
hi KK, I wonder if I could use an editable region for event date (rather than publish date/k_page_date)? But I'm using the cms:archives tag to display events by year - so it may well be the case that k_page_date is interwoven and interconnected with k_archive_date (and the archive navigation is more important than a search facility). Just a thought.
Even I gave a thought to that approach (using custom field for date) -
it is a viable idea but, as you figured it out, will mess up your archives as that uses the in-built date field.

In any case, searching for events with future dates seems to be a reasonable function so I have made changes to Couch's code to make the 'search' tag support the 'show_future_entries' parameter.

I am attaching the modified 'tags.php' file. Please replace the existing one in your installation's couch folder with this one.
IMP: Please make sure you are using Couch v1.3

Hope this helps. Do let me know.

Attachments

Fantastic, thanks SO much! :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1