Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
When I use textarea I have no problem but If I use richtext I'm not able to open admin area. I try updating the CKeditor but don't result.

Thanks.
Hi,

It seems to be a JavaScript problem. It has been reported several times before and each time the cause has been one of the following two -

1. You are using Couch on your local machine hosted on XAMPP/Wampserver etc. Wampserver etc. for some reason deliver incomplete files - if this happens with the JS files of richtext editor it results in the kind of behaviour you are experiencing.

2. Your are on a hosted server and your provider (usually those offering free services) decides to inject some arbitrary HTML code (advertisements) in the files it is serving. The JavasCript file of CKEditor has an extension of .php so it also becomes a target of this injecting and gets corrupt.

If you are on a local machine, the behaviour will go away when you move to a proper hosted setup. If you happen to be already on a hosted machine, please PM me your Couch creds and I'll try and find what is going wrong.

Thanks.
I'm usim MAMP configuration, I have all web docs on htdocs and also with the coach folder, and I follow al de tutorial steps and change de ckeditor folder for the upgrade one. What I have to do? and what is the couch creds?

thanks
As I said, MAMP/XAMPP etc. sometimes display this problem with CKEditor.
If you can move to a hosted setup, I am sure things will be fine.
..and what is the couch creds?

I meant in case you were on a hosted server somewhere (e.g. GoDaddy, HostGator etc.), you could PM me your site's address and the admin name/password of your Couch installation so that I could take a look at the problem.
But since you are using Couch on your local machine, this does not apply.

Thanks
thanks for all ! but how I move to a hosted setup? Sorry I'm new usin MAMP and Couch, but I'm real interested to use to make websites, and upgread to coach PRO
You would need to purchase a domain and hosting services from a company. Make sure the minimum requirements are met: http://www.couchcms.com/docs/requirements.html.

Once you have Couch installed on the hosted server, you should be able to transfer all of your data easily: http://www.couchcms.com/docs/miscellaneous/migrating-from-development-to-deployment-server.html.
6 posts Page 1 of 1