Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I already did the steps in the documentation, but unfortunately the pretty links do not work. After clicking any link to a page (e.g. /about/ or /contact/), it does nothing and just goes to the home page.

I also tried to delete any other content in the .htaccess besides those generated by gen_htaccess.php, still it doesn't work.

Any quick fix for this?

Apologies also if this was already discussed on other threads, but I tried to search before posting this.

Thanks a lot! :D
Hi Ton,

Seems like a .htaccess problem to me.
Please make sure
1. You generate the .htaccess file using couch/gen_dump.php and place it in your site's root folder (not 'couch' folder)
2. You turn the prettyURLs setting on in config.php.

If you still have problems, please PM me your site's FTP/Couch creds.

Thanks.
KK wrote: 1. You generate the .htaccess file using couch/gen_dump.php and place it in your site's root folder (not 'couch' folder)

Hi! I'm sorry, I got confused with this: the gen_dump gave me a "install-ex.php", not a ".htaccess". What do I do with this "install-ex.php"?

Thanks! :)
Please excuse my mistake - I actually meant 'gen_htaccess.php' and not 'gen_dump.php' :) Terribly sorry.

So when you execute gen_htaccess.php, it will show you some contents in your browser. Please copy the entire contents (Ctrl-A) and paste them in a file named '.htaccess'.
You can now place this .htaccess in your site's root folder.

P.S. On Windows, the OS will not allow you to create a file with no extension. If this be the case, just copy any .htaccess from with 'couch' folder and then edit it to paste the contents mentioned above.

On last thing, once prettyURLs are activated, you might find that all your images and CSS paths no longer work. That would happen if you are using relative paths with them.
This can be rectified by placing a '/' before the paths.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
The .htaccess generated by couch seems to be conflicting with something in http://www.html5boilerplate.com's default .htaccess :-(

But nonetheless, I cleaned up my .htaccess in only having the important ones. I managed to get it working now. Thanks :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1