Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

Showing who posted it
I was woundering if couch had a tag that could show who posted the post. Each person within my couch setup has an account, i was wondering if there is a CMS show code for this when they post a blog. At the moment i have a field that the user adds in their name, however instead can we have it so it shows who posted it.

Multi images
Currently i use the image within the page code, Editable image code, the user posting has to add in three photos of the same, but they are sized differently, but the three are the same. They are the blogs main images, however i want it so that they only have to enter it once, and it then makes 3 different sizes of what i set in the code. Can this be done?

Currently use this code.

Code: Select all
<cms:editable 
      name="gg_image"
      label="Image"
      desc="Upload your main image here"
      width="500"
      show_preview='1'
      preview_height='200'
      type="image"
   />

<cms:editable
      name="gg_thumb"
      assoc_field="gg_image"
      label="Image Thumbnail"
      desc="Thumbnail of image above"
      width='115'
      height='115'
      enforce_max='1'
      type="thumbnail"
   />
Hi Simon,

1. Current version of Couch has no notion of multiple users doing the posting (as you are aware this will change with the next version). So for now, you'll have to use the custom field.

2. To create multiple images of varying sizes out of a single image - that is what a thumbnail editable region is for!
You can easily add, in your case, three more editable regions of type thumbnail, associate them with the main image (assoc_field="gg_image" ) and set their respective sizes. The user now needs to upload only one image and the three thumbnails will get created automatically.

Alternatively, you can use the 'thumbnail' tag instead to do the same job (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... ail-1.html)

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1