Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm using the comments feature for the first time but am using it slightly differently as a method of allowing users to give testimonials which are then moderated/edited and posted straight onto the site. The code i'm using is taken directly from here (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/u ... ments.html).

I'm having a couple of issues and wondered if anyone could help:

1) Is it possible to add a custom field to the comments submission form. Failing that, is it possible to re-purpose the 'website' field as I don't need it. It appears to only accept content when it's in a URL format though.

2) In the Admin view of the comments list, the title of every comment is 'default-page-for-feedback-php-please-change-this-title'. Where is this title set and how can I change it? I'd ideally like it to show the name of the commenter but failing that, just the text 'Comment' would be better.

If anyone knows if either of the above are possible, please help!

Thanks
Darren
Hi Darren,

Replying to your questions -
1. The comments feature, currently, does not provide much flexibility so I am afraid it won't be possible to do what you want. However, let me tell you that the next version of Couch will change all that - the comments will be as flexible as normal pages.

2. You have managed to catch a bug here! You are using comments on a standalone (i.e. non-clonable) template and, frankly, I never tested comments this way because the usual place for them is the clonable pages.
I have noted down the bug and it will get fixed.
For now the only way to change the text would be to fire up phpMyAdmin (or whichever database management utility you use), find the table 'couch_pages', find the record that has 'page_name' field set as 'default-page-for-feedback-php-please-change-this-title' (you'll find only one record with this text) and then change it to whatever you wish.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response as always!

1) No worries, I'll just have to work around it. Looking forward to updates in the next version!

2) This solution will do fine, thanks!

Cheers
Daz
3 posts Page 1 of 1