Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! I have set the height parameter for Nicedit which gives the initial height of the editable area in the admin panel. But this area stretches vertically as content is input. Since my editable area is accommodating large amounts of text the content area stretches down and down and using the horizontal scrollbar becomes a bit tricky. I wondered if it was possible to enforce the height so that vertical scrollbars appear?
Hi,

That 'auto-expansion' of height seems to be a feature of Nicedit. It has a separate parameter to set the maximum height permissible.

I've added that parameter to our editable region.
Attached is a revised version of 'nicedit.php'. Please replace the existing file of the same name in 'couch/addons/nicedit' folder with the one attached (please back-up the original file).

You can now use the 'maxheight' parameter (you should also set the 'height' parameter) like this
Code: Select all
<cms:editable type='nicedit' label='Description' name='desc' height='100' maxheight='110' />

Please check if this works as expected.
Do let me know if this helps and I'll include the modification in the release version.

Thanks

Attachments

It is amazing how such small details make such a big difference. The table of repeatable regions now looks so much more manageable. Worked a treat! Many thanks indeed, very much appreciated.
3 posts Page 1 of 1