Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
hello, I've just been trying out the repeatable tag - it has really opened out exciting possibilities for greater control and flexibility with Couch.

A question on Nicedit. Does anyone know if it is possible to generate paragraph tags / <p> :?:

I am getting <br> for each 'return'. I've done some hunting on the Nicedit site and can't find anything. I guess there is something somewhere that can be configured to generate a <p> tag.

ADDED:

I've been doing a bit more testing with Nicedit in a repeatable region. I copied and pasted content from the screen. The following HTML was generated:
Code: Select all
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 9px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "> ..... content here.... </p>

I copied and pasted from a Word document and got the following:
Code: Select all
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt;text-autospace:ideograph-numeric"><span style="font-family:ArialMT;mso-hansi-font-family:ArialMT;mso-bidi-font-family:
ArialMT;color:#5F5F5F">   ..... content here.... </span></p>

The thing is I know that this is what a client will do to get content into Nicedit i.e. rather than type it all in afresh.

The markup seems a bit wild and wacky to me ...

A possible solution here: http://www.billyswebdesign.com/blog/2009/a-customized-web-based-wysiwyg-that-can-clean-a-paste-from-ms-word/ Not sure I feel up to tinkering with the NicEdit.js file though :oops:

LAST THOUGHT: I think I'll simply tell the client to copy & paste text into notepad first - problem solved.
I agree that Nicedit does leave a little to be desired, as far as the generated markup is concerned. However, pasting text copied directly from MS Word is going to freak out even heavyweights like CKEditor or TinyMCE (both provide specific buttons to do so).

You are right, the correct way is to first paste the copied text into a plain text editor (Notepad should do fine) before using it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1