Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi again!

Im finally implementing the "new" gallery feature. But all pictures I upload get saved in the same folder. Is there an option to seperate them? And even one to customize the location where they are saved?
Hi,

Couch automatically creates a folder named after the portfolio template and stores all images belonging to the particular template there.

For now, I am afraid, this is the only way how things work and no customization is available.
Alright. Thanks!
Will this option be added in future Couch releases, Kamran? I love well organized folders. :)
@martijn

It was actually a deliberate decision to have a flat hierarchy for the images. The reason being -
it would be difficult to always keep the physical folder structure of the images in sync with their virtual folder structure.

Suppose we have a template named 'portfolio.php' and we are uploading images into 'media/print' virtual folder. It wouldn't be difficult to create (automatically or manually) the 'media' and its child 'print' folder in the uploads folder and store the images there.

However, if latter we were to organize the virtual folder structure (e.g. move 'print' folder below some other folder) or move a page (image) to different virtual folder - it would be a messy job to sync the physical folders accordingly and also to update the paths of all the images within the folder being moved to match the new location.
You see the problem?

Therefore I took the most straightforward path and decided to give a separate folder to each 'portfolio' type template and store all images belonging to a template in its folder.

Perhaps there could have been a feasible solution that I missed. If somebody has a suggestion, do let me know.

Thanks
I understand the problem, it is indeed difficult to keep the links to the images in sync if you reorder the folders or images.

I will think about this... and will do some research. Maybe I can find a possible solution. I'll you know if I can find something that might be work.

Thanks!
6 posts Page 1 of 1