Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
On my local machine I've updated Couch to version 1.3 RC1 in order to test, but after the update the frontend is not accessible and gives an error. In Google Chrome it says:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data

Any idea what the problem might be?

The admin is accessible and seems to work fine.
Hi Martijn,

Since the back-end is running fine I don't think the upgraded version of Couch has anything directly to do with this problem.

However, I have seen (and experienced) similar problems with XAMPP/WAMPServer etc. kind of stacks on local machine (particularly with JavaScript heavy pages).
If you happen to be using this type of setup, I wonder if you could try migrating the site to a 'real' hosted server you might have access to (a sub-folder will do just fine).
I am sure you will not experience this error there.
Do let me know how you fare.

Thanks.
Hi Kamran,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I use Ampps (http://www.ampps.com/) for local testing and developing. It works great and I am very satisfied with this kind of software.

The website I was testing included indeed a lot of javascripts. This weekend I will continue testing on a 'real' hosted server and let you know how it went.

Thanks!
I've uploaded the site to the webserver and everything worked fine. I encountered no problems with this update of Couch. I'm very happy with the 'repeatable regions'. This makes things a lot easier. :)

Thanks!
4 posts Page 1 of 1