Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm currently looking to start building a shopping cart.

Now i'm just confused on how to lay things out correctly. How best todo things. As they wont be buying from our website due to the nature of what we are building there would be no point on me going down the route of a proper cart.

Our plans are to build the shopping cart, however it will be for compaines to list their products with us. Meaning they will have their own cart with their own product. As we get over 40-70,000 people visiting our website per month.

The problem im having is trying to make it simplex posting up.

The goal would be having it so that we have one clone page. and place them into folders, i'm just confused on how to show them.

Main folders red
Sub folders blue

Performance
exhausts
intercoolers
induction kits
ECUs and chips
Engine components
Silicone hoses
Boot controllers
Spark plugs
Ignition leads
Turbo & Superchargers

Engine Performance
All fuel products
Header tanks
Swerl pots
Ignition coils
Fuel pumps

Suspension & Poly kits
Coilovers
Lowering Springs (Only)
Springs and shock kits
Coilover Kits
Top mounts

Transmission
Gearboxes
Quickshifts

Brakes and setups
Brake disks
Big brake kits
Brake lines
Calipers (pot)

Wheels and Tyres
Wheels
Wheel nuts
Wheel referbs
Tyers

Interior Styling
Bucket seats
Seat frames
Safety harnesses
Steering wheels
Steering wheel kits

Gauges And pods
Gauges
Pilla pods
Single pods

Services
Rolling RD Centres
Mapping & Tunning companies
Corner weighting
Vynal wrapping

As you can see we have a vast amount. i could have a clone page for each section. So have it like this,

tradestore/red/index.php and then run this code,

Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='tradestore/performance/index.php' folder=k_folder_name >

And then just have the sub folders

But i wasnt sure if there was a second way.

Its just showing the items, thats my only worry, i dont understand how i can do this. if i was to have folders and subfolders other than having a clone page for each section.
I think you are going about this folder matter the wrong way. Making an index.php for each of those folders is totally unnecessary. You can simply make a tradestore.php template and use dynamic folders. Your desired use is the exact purpose of the folder view. Lets say you made a folder 'performance' and a subfolder 'exhausts', you would actually be able to visit this at: yoursite.com/tradestore/performance/exhausts/ You could code this to appropriately filter the products to those only in the exhausts folder.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by not wanting to have a proper cart. Would you not want to allow people to checkout from your website and pay for items? I would carefully consider the alternatives to coding a store in Couch. You may end up limiting your ability to deal with complex eCommerce matters like sales, coupons, shipping, product options, etc...

I also recently launched an automotive website with a shopping cart that I will be posting in the showcase section of the forums soon.
2 posts Page 1 of 1