Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
hello ... I've posted about custom 404 pages before and it's come back to haunt me again. I've previously got a 404.php page working without any problem with a Couch'd site hosted at 1and1.

The site I'm now working on is causing some problems with the 404 page. I've set up the 404.php file and .htaccess in the same way as the previous site. But what is happening is the custom 404 page is only showing up when I enter domain.com/invalidpage.php If I enter domain.com/invalidpage (i.e. without the .php) I am shown a blank page with the link "powered by couch".

What I'd like is for anything invalid to show my custom 404 page ... I must have got something wrong somewhere, but I've gone round & round in circles looking and haven't found anything?

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hi Potato,

Can you PM me your site's FTP creds?
Also the exact URLs that are displaying the problem would be helpful.

Thanks
Thanks for the creds.

I had a look and it seems you are experiencing a bug that existed in v1.2 (the version being used by your site).
It has been rectified in v1.2.5 so an upgrade would fix it. However you don't need to do so if you don't want to - I have taken the liberty of uploading the patched files.

Please check and let me know.
(The 'Powered by CouchCMS' link will appear twice but don't worry a proper license will remove that)
I've checked and it's working great! This website has been rumbling on in development for ages on my pc - I wish I'd considered re-downloading Couch ( :oops: ) - will consider this another time.

Many thanks!!
4 posts Page 1 of 1