Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
To more experienced people out there, I wonder if you have any advice ... sometimes I'd like to give clients a bit more control over styling the content of their site. For example, select some elements and contain them within a div with padding, background and border. Or allow them to insert a photo which may be either full column width or half column width - so they would select the appropriate style for the floating/padding.

I've been trying out custom styles for CKEditor for myself, using the rules in the Couch documentation (notice, warning, message) and I think it may cause a few problems for clients. I was able to apply a style to a paragraph, but couldn't then change it or reverse it (except by going in to the source code).

So I was wondering if anyone could offer any hints or tips for achieving this in a bullet proof way?
Hi Potato,

Maybe creating shortcodes that the clients can put into the editor themselves is a more robust method. What do you say?
I thought this might be the way to go ... I'll pay some serious attention to shortcodes and starting using them - I've been a bit intimidated by them!
Shortcodes are not as difficult as they might seem prima-fascie.
In any case, you always have us to back you up anytime you run into a sticky spot with them.
So - go for it :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1