Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using Couch for the first time today. It seems that I'm unable to use certain HTML Elements in my editable reigons, specifically <figure> and <figcaption>. I have tried type="richtext" and type="textarea" but the tags are being printed on screen literally rather than recognised as elements.
Hi and welcome :)

The wysiwyg editor used with the richtext editable region is actually supposed to generate the required markup for the user and not the other way round.
It does allow the more savvy user to input raw HTML manually but permits only a subset of all HTML tags.

This arrangement works for almost everybody but if one must input some unsupported markup, we can use shortcodes (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/miscellane ... codes.html) to get this done.
Actually, I found a way around this. I'm now using type="textarea" with the no_xss_check='1' option enabled. It seems to work :)

Regarding CKeditor, it seems that HTML5 support has been added in recent versions. It it possible to upgrade the older version of CKeditor that is bundled with Couch?
3 posts Page 1 of 1