Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi KK and all,

The website I am testing with presently consists of 6 static pages in 4 languages.
That's 24 page entries on the left hand side of the CMS backend, such as, e.g., services-de, services-en, services-es, services-fr and so on with each page.

It could be worse if there were more than 24 pages, so, to get acquainted with CouchCMS and its possibilities, I'd like to try and reduce the number of entries on the left hand side, where the pages are listed, to get a leaner layout of the CMS backend.

Is there a way to only have 6 folders or containers on the left hand side, such as, e.g., Index, Services, About, Gallery, News, Contact, each containing its 4 language versions?

The only thing seemingly related to this task that I found in the tutorial is the "Folders" section (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/using-folders.html), but I am not sure whether this is the right place to start for this task.
If so, could you please give me any hints on how to proceed for this particular purpose -- or could you think of any other ways to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for any pointers!
Hi Solaris,

The sidebar with collapsible sections is just round the corner (Couch v1.3 lined up for release).

For now, please bear with the way things are. You can very easily upgrade to the latter version to get the more manageable sidebar once it debuts.

Thanks
Hi KK,

thanks a lot for your speedy reply -- very glad to hear that this feature is already in the pipeline :)

On Monday I'll order my license for this great CMS.

Have a nice weekend!
Hi KK,

KK wrote: The sidebar with collapsible sections is just round the corner (Couch v1.3 lined up for release).

It hasn't made its way into Couch 1.3-RC1 yet, or do I miss something?

Thanks
Solaris
Hi Solaris,

I really do owe you an apology.
I was under time pressure to get the much delayed 1.3 out of the doors and was forced to skip the promised collapsible sidebar feature.

However, I haven't forgotten it. Please wait for just a while and I'll definitely fix something up for you.

Thanks
Hi KK,

No reason whatsoever to apologize, your work (and the recent release of the next version) is highly appreciated and it's definitely well worth having some patience :D

Thanks for clarifying!

Solaris
6 posts Page 1 of 1