Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Have you indicated the subfolder in the generated .htaccess file?
Make the following changes to .htaccess
#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it RewriteBase /subdomain1/subdomain2
RewriteBase /TEST
Hello KK .. It worked fine.. but two more issues

Can't we keep the folder name starting with capital letter? because i have few subfolders which are starting with Caps so if the generated urls take a caps letter in virtual folder .. it will set my paths correctly.. ex : domain/Folder not domain/folder

And also I would like to hide cloned page from url.. because I want that only for accesss purpose to admin panel.. I dont want to display that in url.. I just need a url like this : domain/virtual-folder/url-as-defined .. In fact the virtual folder I created resembles my sub-folder exactly which are physically present. So it wud help me alot if i redirect like that.
Can't we keep the folder name starting with capital letter?

If you mean the name of the virtual folders created from within Couch - I am afraid but that won't be possible.

And also I would like to hide cloned page from url..

Pardon me but I couldn't understand the question completely.
Could you please explain the problem in more detail? Thanks.
Ohh.. its fine

Anyway the second one is, I have created a cloned page 'movie' and when I create a page.. the url is created like domain.com/movie/movie-name.html

I dont need that 'movie' to display i just need domain.com/movie-name.html is it possible... with this I will start implementing couchcms to my site.. :)
Gosh one more problem :o
I just try to open the page generated by cloned page in another browser .. it taking me to admin login page :o what is the problem ? And after I log'd in with my details the page was displayed.. it shouldn't be a procedure for my website visitors ..
The following URL -
domain.com/movie/movie-name.html
could mean any of the following conditions with prettyURLs in effect-
1. Template name is 'index.php' ('index' gets skipped from URL), virtual folder is 'movie' and page-name is 'movie-name'.
2. Template name is 'movie.php' and page-name is 'movie-name'.
3. Template name is 'movie/index.php' (again 'index' gets skipped from URL) and page-name is 'movie-name'.

So if you wish to remove the 'movie' from the URL. you can only manipulate the first condition above - use the template named 'index.php' to create a cloned page named 'movie-name' from it and don't place the page in any virtual folder to give you
domain.com/movie-name.html

Gosh one more problem :o
I just try to open the page generated by cloned page in another browser .. it taking me to admin login page :o what is the problem ? And after I log'd in with my details the page was displayed.. it shouldn't be a procedure for my website visitors ..

In the advanced settings of the cloned page make sure the access is set to 'Everybody'
ok yes my condition is related to 2nd step.. I have created movie.php as template
then how should i do if i have different pages as requirement ..
For example : I have a category as main page I designed it to requirements and a sub-cat in that category with another editable requirement.. in this case i designed category.php and sub-cat.php as templates.
Now i would prefer pages generated from sub-cat.php templates to refer main category.php but not sub-cat .. is that possible anyway? and another problem is category.php page which was fine fetching include file details from server and its path like header & footer includes where as the page generated by category.php template couldn't able to do same ... why? I mean the data in header r footer is displayed but css and the images were missing..
i would prefer pages generated from sub-cat.php templates to refer main category.php but not sub-cat .. is that possible anyway?

In Couch you can show data of any template within any other template.
Use the 'masterpage' parameter of 'cms:pages' tag to set the template you wish to fetch the data from.

the data in header r footer is displayed but css and the images were missing..

This is a common problem with prettyURLs. You might be using relative links with your CSS/JS/images. Convert them all to absolute links e.g. make
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
into
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<cms:show k_site_link />styles/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />

Remember you are using Couch within a sub-folder so an absolute link with a leading '/' like
href="/styles/stylesheet.css"
will resolve to your root and not to your Couch managed site. It has to be made
href="<cms:show k_site_link />styles/stylesheet.css"
18 posts Page 2 of 2