Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
HEEEELP!

My site was fully functioning and OK. Then I started to tidy things up and used the W3C validator - which threw up a missing closing tag </ul> on my concerts.php

I added the tag and uploaded the file concerts.php and seem to have had the problem since then.

I have several cloned pages from this template. I can view them fine if I'm logged in as Super Admin. But if logged out problems arise!

http://www.hatfieldhousemusicfestival.org.uk/concerts/thursday-7-30pm.html is not found if logged out but is found if I'm logged in.

From the 404 page - if I then click on say the home page the url has concerts/ added to the path. So from then on no pages are found.

I'm really stuck on this - any ideas?? :roll:
The navigation section of your 404 page is not linking to your other pages properly. They are linked in a relative manner, which explains the 'concert/'. You must use this method for the 'a' tag's 'href' attribute:
Code: Select all
<cms:link 'artists.php' />
<cms:link 'venues.php' />

I am not sure exactly how your 404 error documents are configured, but for non-couch handled 404 errors it seems to be redirecting to a '404.html'. If you must use an html version as well, you are going to need to link the navigation items one of these two ways:
http://www.hatfieldhousemusicfestival.org.uk/artists/
OR
/artists/

I'm not sure how you are going to be able to link the 'concerts.php' cloned pages for the 404.html page if they regularly change.

Nevertheless, on to the main cloned pages issue. Since I am receiving a 404 for the list/home view of your 'concerts.php' template, that leads me to believe you might have executable='0' set for the template. Also, please ensure under each cloned page's 'Advanced Settings' you have set the 'Access Level' to everybody.

I also suggest you prevent your host's default behavior of providing a 'Multiple Choices' 300 http status code response for certain non-existent files. You can add this to your htaccess if you like:
CheckSpelling Off
I agree with @cheesypoof -
A page being accessible by only super-admin suggests either -
1. The access control for the page has been set to super-admin only or
2. The cms:template tag for the template has been set as executable='0'

As for the links being wrong from the 404 page, that is because of the links being relative in the 404 page. Simply making them absolute (prefixing with '/' or adding full domain name) will resolve the problem.
Just so you don't think I'm a complete fruit loop ... I now know what happened:

1. the whole site went live Tuesday and all pages worked fine - logged in or out
    2. on Thursday I thought I needed to sort out the possibility of someone visiting the blank template page - concerts.php - so "if page list - show the first cloned page"
    3. I was trying out various ways of achieving this - I tried executable = 0
    4. I tested this and it obviously didn't work, BUT I was logged in as Super A - so didn't spot a problem!
    5. I then discovered Couch tag - redirect and put in the necessary code to concerts.php
    6. Again tested pages OK - obviously still logged in, and gave myself a great big pat on the back
    7. On Friday, as I said I sorted out the HTML missing tag thing on concerts.php and then logged out and found pages missing! It didn't make any sense! I assumed it was something I'd just done to the page ...

LESSON: test pages logged out (and also on another machine if possible - to avoid any local path issues).

Thanks guys,
:oops:

Will now sort out the 404 thing - it was next on my list - I knew it wasn't correct but I didn't realise that what I had would have the effect that it did. It is a pain - but 1and1 say that the 404 page has to be .html - I'll try things out and see what happens.

And yes, I too dislike that Multiple choices and will set checkspellingoff - thanks ... another snippet of new info

I have learnt a lot since I've started using Couch ... it's great!
I'm glad you were able to correct the problem. In the future if you have any other questions/problems, I'd be happy to help, so don't hesitate to post them. :)
:D thank you, I will
6 posts Page 1 of 1