Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
hi, I have an array of images set up within a page template and the images are defined within an editable region with type = richtext

I uploaded all the images on each of the pages in localhost and then realised that the path was incorrect. I can see from the Couch documentation that it is
editable regions of type 'image', 'thumbnail' and 'file' no longer store the full path of their contents
as from Couch 1.1

So, I manually re-uploaded the images and everything is fine. Is there anything that can be tweaked within Couch to sort this out for an editable region of richtext - I guess not, otherwise you would have done it!

Next time what I will do is apply a global change within the install-ex.php file to correct the image paths before installation on the live server.

QUESTION: Is it possible to re-load the install-ex.php for a live Couch site? It would be useful in the scenario above and also useful as part of a backup/restore procedure (gen_dump.php - install-ex.php).
Is it possible to re-load the install-ex.php for a live Couch site?

Reloading install-ex.php would mean reinstalling Couch (the database part of it).
If that is what you want, one quick way would be to find the following line in config.php
define( 'K_DB_TABLES_PREFIX', '' );

and changing it to something, like -
define( 'K_DB_TABLES_PREFIX', 'new_' );

By doing this we are instructing Couch to prefix all its tables in the database with the given string (new_ in our example above).

The next time you run Couch, it senses that the prefixed tables are not present and it initiates the install routine creating the new tables and (important to us) also re-loading the install-ex.php.

The original table (along with the old data) will remain present (although unused) in the database.
You may choose to remove them any time using phpMyAdmin.

Hope this helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1