Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
My host is 1&1 (this may illicit groans - but I've tried various hosts and they've been more or less fine for my requirements).

To get a custom 404 page with 1&1 the following is required in .htaccess:

ErrorDocument 404 http://www.site.com/404.html

It has to be an .html file.

I've followed the Couch documentation re securing the Admin Panel and the 'dummy' login illusion is working. The 404 page is also working OK, except if you try to access a template - in which case you get a blank screen with a text message "Page not found".

There isn't really anything wrong with this, but ideally I'd like to have my custom 404 page show up. Is it not showing up because it's an .html file?

Thanks!
You are right - Couch is hardcoded to look for a file named '404.php' in the root folder for use in a 404 condition.
You can make a copy of your '404.html' file and name it '404.php'. I think this should rectify the problem (Couch will use the php version while .htaccess will use the html version).
Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks.
I copied 404.html and created 404.php, ftp'd to my site. I can access the 404.php page direct and it looks fine.

But when typing in a url for a template I now get a blank page (instead of the text "Page not found").

I don't want to waste your time as I don't think it's a major problem .... thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1