Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
@cheesypoof

Let us say we are accessing a non-existent cloned page -
You are receiving the correct HTTP 404 error code, so far so good.
Next, if you have a custom 404 page configured (as detailed in http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/c ... -page.html), the custom 404 should appear
else a generic message by Couch "Page not found" should appear (with the "<!-- Page generated by CouchCMS -->" in the page source)

Strangely, in your case, visibly neither of the two things are happening.
I suspect, since the "Page not found" is not appearing, it is the custom 404 page that is being invoked. However it is not bringing in the default contents.
Further, you say the behaviour occurs only on the live site and not on localhost, which makes it all the more intriguing.
I think I'll need to look into it.
Can you grant me access to your site please?
OK, so I arrived at this same issue but from a different direction.

I wanted to achieve a page on which an introduction paragraph could be shown as part of a bootstrap carousel which then would click through the projects as slides.

I created a clonable, non-executable Projects template to hold all of the projects to appear after the introduction in the carousel.

I created a Work template upon which was the introduction's editable area followed by a pages tag that loops over Projects and builds the subsequent carousel items.

This is where my problem lies... As far as I can tell

• only nested_pages offers the ability to selectively reorder the pages in the admin area; pages can only be ordered by date.
  • nested_pages can then loop over the pages in order; pages CAN do so but by a user-generated value.
  • nested_pages, does not offer up the editable content for output in the loop while pages does...

Dilemma...

I would like to be able to offer the "move up" "move down" feature in the admin area that achieved by using nested_pages but also be able to output the template's content as can be achieved with pages.

My only idea is to add a "weight" editable to the Projects template and then simply order each clone by this value... Seems a bit crap...
Hi shooftie,
nested_pages, does not offer up the editable content for output in the loop while pages does...
That is not correct. Please set the 'include_custom_fields' parameter of nested_pages tag to '1' and you'll be able to access all the contents. e.g.
Code: Select all
<cms:nested_pages masterpage='projects.php' include_custom_fields='1' >
   <!-- all editable regions available as variables -->
</cms:nested_pages>

Hope this helps. Do let us know.
Thanks.
Wow... I search for a problem that I'm sure you guys helped me overcome in the past and then I find the same thread...which I failed to respond to...almost a year ago...

KK, I apologise... You helped me with the problem and I failed to thank you. It was rude of me.

Since this post I have used Couch on a number of projects and I am still amazed at finding the solution to almost all of my requirements have been thought out and condensed into perfect XML nuggets. Great product.

While I'm here, has anyone had trouble in removing dead fields from nested pages? I delete them in the master page but it doesn't prompt me to remove it from the admin panel... I end up removing the entire template and then re-adding it...

Thanks again KK, much appreciated.
You are welcome, @shooftie
Thank you for getting back :)

has anyone had trouble in removing dead fields from nested pages? I delete them in the master page but it doesn't prompt me to remove it from the admin panel... I end up removing the entire template and then re-adding it...
Next time you face this problem, do the following -
to refresh the template, first go into the admin-panel. From the list of cloned-pages for the particular template, select any arbitrary page and click the 'magnifying-glass' icon to visit the page.

Coming back to the admin-panel you should find the deletion picked-up.
The point is that deletion works only when a template is viewed in its 'page-view'.

Hope this helps.
15 posts Page 2 of 2