Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am working away on the tutorials with some hosted test files. All is going well but for some reason the following is not working;

<cms:show k_page_title /> The text before this is shown on the page but the title doesn'y show up.

Also I have an <cms:embed 'blog_list.html' /> that isn't actually sowing the contents of blog_list.html.

Any hints or suggestions??

Thanks in advance
also when I try to do the first part of "blog part 2" in the tutorial

I use
<cms:pages masterpage='blog.php' >
<h1>Hi I am a page</h2>
</cms:pages>

"hi i'm a page" only actuallyshows up once even though I have created 3 different blog entries. Each show their own unique ?p=x and view correctly which leads me to believe they have been created properly but for some reason couch doesn't sem to see them as cloned pages.

I don't really know how to make sense of this so any advise much appreciated.
Difficult to pinpoint the cause without taking a look.
If you are working on a hosted server, kindly PM me the FTP/Couch credentials of your site. Else, attach here the complete files that are misbehaving and we'll try to find out the cause.

Thanks
Ok thanks,

do you need the FTP info or the Couch admin Log In details or both? I'll PM to you.
Hi,

Thanks for entrusting me with your site's credentials.

I had a look at the site and it turned out that the 'blog_list.html' file that you were using had a couple of problems -

1. Its location. File 'blog_list.html' was being used as an embedded script via this code in 'blog.php' - <cms:embed 'blog_list.html' />
Embedded scripts are expected to be within the 'couch/snippets' folder. Your's was located within your site's root.
I fixed this by moving the file to the correct location.

2. It had the '<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>' and '<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>' surrounding its contents.
Embedded scripts do not need these two lines of PHP. They are required only by top level templates (i.e. those that will be accessed with their names in the URL e.g blog.php and about.php).
Fixed this by removing the lines.

3. The file had a few syntax errors that I rectified.

Please confirm that it working the way you expected.
Thanks
Thank you so much for taking the time to take a look at my files and fixing those problems.

The fixes you made make sense to me and I am glad to know know the reason behind my pages not behaving as expected.

Thanks again, it is much appreciated.
You are always welcome :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1