Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I installed the UniServer on my flash drive, and after installing Couch (creating a super-admin), I received a blank screen.

Now whenever I go back to localhost:8080/couch, the form for creating a super-admin appears. If I fill out the form and submit it, I'm taken to a screen that reads "Installation Failed -- Table 'couch_comments' already exists."

I've tried deleting the uniserver from my drive and reinstalling, but I get the same issue. Please help me figure out what's going on.
Hi and welcome.

This is the very first problem that is being reported about the portable Couch bundle.
The bundle contains all the required components so the blank screen is intriguing.

Anyways, to retry the installation, simply delete the entire 'UniServer' folder. This will remove all traces of the installation.
To reinstall, unpack (extract) the 'UniServer.exe' that you have downloaded from our site.
This time specify any of your hard disk's root drive as the destination e.g. 'C:', 'D:' etc. (avoid installing within a folder as that might contain spaces in its name).

Upon completion of the extraction you'll get a fresh 'UniServer' folder. This will have a completely blank database, so the previous problem of 'tables already existing' should not occur.
Start the servers by clicking on the 'start.bat' file found within this folder.
Access http://localhost:8080/couch/ to begin installing Couch.

Once it gets installed (as it should) and the admin panel becomes accessible, stop the servers (stop.bat) and then copy the entire 'UniServer' folder to your flash drive.

Try starting the servers from the flash drive now. Since everything is now installed, if something goes wrong we'll have a clue as to what it might be.
If for some reason you happen to run into trouble again, within the 'UniServer' folder you'll find another file named 'start_tray.exe'. Click it and it will create an icon in your taskbar. From the menu that is accessed from this taskbar icon, you can run phpMyAdmin. You can use it to see which tables have been created etc.

Do let us know how you fare.
2 posts Page 1 of 1