Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again all,

Ive been having some problems, and its confusing me. Ok so i have the news section, i want it setout like the BBC/sun where as you have the title, followed by the text, in bold same as this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-13140285

followed by the image to the right, and then more text, however i want it to feed onto the index page, but i dont want that image to feed onto there, and i dont want the text to be in bold on there, its CSS styled for the index page however its not used that ''style''

Not sure why it does this. i dont want it so you have to upload an image for the page as such, i want it so i can change it around sometimes or use bigger images ect ect..

How do i get it to grab only the text and not images, i have set it so it only grabs a few lines of words but the image is then included. i already use the thumb image bit which then gets resized on each page its feeded too, want to sort this problem before i upload the new-rebuilt website.

heres mine. I dont need the text under the image just the news text like on mine but setout better on the index page and not use the image

http://revlimitmag.com/news/index.php?p=129

So this is what mine looks like

I import the image, set it to the right, and imput my text.

Now I want it to look like it is on the page, however when I rebuild the website it wont setout like the current index page, I want it to grab the title, as per, its fine with the thumble, however I want it to take some of the text from the page, but its grabbing the image too that’s within the post, I just want the text, so looks like this.

Currently its adding the image, I don’t want it to grab the image at all, I want it too just grab the text, at only 4 lines like the suns index item. Also I set it to bold, however it keeps adding it as bold and ive already set the style I don’t want it too add bold when it feeds onto other parts of the website, how do I stop this
Ok ive noticed i can use the Ignore image code, which will work, however how do i get it to ignore ""bald"" or to input it in normal text? rather than like in the post ''its in bold''
Hi Simon,

I guess you are using the 'excerptHTML' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... thtml.html) tag for creating the excerpt.
This tag retains the HTML formatting but can be made to ignore certain tags. So you could use it like this -
Code: Select all
<cms:excerptHTML count='130' ignore='img, b'>
    <cms:show your_variable_name />
</cms:excerptHTML>

In the code above, we are making it ignore both the 'img' as well as 'b' (bold) tags.

However for your purpose, I think, you should use the 'excerpt' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... cerpt.html) tag and not 'excerptHTML'.
As opposed to 'excerptHTML', the 'excerpt' tag ignores ALL html tags (unless to tell it otherwise) and is ideal for what you are trying to achieve.
So your code should now become -
<cms:excerpt count='130' >

Do let me know if this helps.
KK wrote: Hi Simon,

I guess you are using the 'excerptHTML' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... thtml.html) tag for creating the excerpt.
This tag retains the HTML formatting but can be made to ignore certain tags. So you could use it like this -
<cms:excerptHTML count='130' ignore='img, b'>

In the code above, we are making it ignore both the 'img' as well as 'b' (bold) tags.

However for your purpose, I think, you should use the 'excerpt' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... cerpt.html) tag and not 'excerptHTML'.
As opposed to 'excerptHTML', the 'excerpt' tag ignores ALL html tags (unless to tell it otherwise) and is ideal for what you are trying to achieve.
So your code should now become -
<cms:excerpt count='130' >

Do let me know if this helps.

ahh i understand, ive notice it doubbles up the HTML tags, which is a pain with you view the code i suppose,

Would i stil use the ignore tags? such as
ignore='img, b'
with excerpt
ive notice it doubbles up the HTML tags

Could you please post in how this looks like?

Would i stil use the ignore tags?

It, by default, ignores ALL tags so you do not need to use the ignore parameter.
If you wish to make it NOT ignore some tags, you can use the 'allow' parameter e.g. allow='i, b'
KK wrote:
ive notice it doubbles up the HTML tags

Could you please post in how this looks like?

Would i stil use the ignore tags?

It, by default, ignores ALL tags so you do not need to use the ignore parameter.
If you wish to make it NOT ignore some tags, you can use the 'allow' parameter e.g. allow='i, b'

Awsome KK.

Got a real fresh design now, and i cant wait to get this finally done. Been working onit for the last two weeks, Just working now on how to produce the magazine as i need to do a test run.. One busy man this month i tell you, not sure but tonight i will be sat in the garden, with a beer coding the final bit of the website lol.

Power by will be placed on the new website also, which will be linked to couch.

Cheers for all your support so far. :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot Simon.
The link will be really much appreciated (and needed :))
KK wrote: Thanks a lot Simon.
The link will be really much appreciated (and needed :))

No problem, once its online i will be placing a topic for the use of couch, a review on the product, and why people should use it and why us revlimit use it, i will also make an advert on the side bar, so everypage will have it on :) gain some more advertising for you.

I think a rule should be that it should have a powered by couch for the free licences, thats just what i think.

I think its a must to raise the profile, because in life things are not always free, so its an way of you gaining some advertisments.. dont know how it would work to enforce it as such.

Simon
8 posts Page 1 of 1