Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

after hitting the "install" button the only result (for all tables) is:

Installation failed!
1142: INDEX command denied to user 'XXX'@'localhost' for table 'cms2sofacouch_comments'
1142: INDEX command denied to user 'XXX'@'localhost' for table 'cms2sofacouch_comments'
1142: INDEX command denied to user 'XXX'@'localhost' for table 'cms2sofacouch_data_numeric'
1142: INDEX command denied to user 'XXX'@'localhost' for table 'cms2sofacouch_data_numeric'
1142: INDEX command denied to user 'XXX'@'localhost' for table 'cms2sofacouch_data_text'

... and so on. (XXX=my username)

No idea why this happens.

Checked with the separat php file the database connection: worked fine.
Checked with my provider: IonCube Loader -> installed & fine.
Checked config.php: fine. looked like in the tutorial described (with my own data of course)

So what else can be the cause?

Thanks for any advice!

Ernst
Hi Design4u

It seems from the error reported that user "xxx@localhost" does not have permission to use the INDEX command for the database table.

kindly check phpmyadmin and if the user 'xxx@localhost' does not have the sufficient privileges please grant him.
see the screenshot attached
phpmyadmin.PNG
phpmyadmin.PNG (55.02 KiB) Viewed 7014 times

And if the problem still persist kindly pm me your login details for the couch and phpmyadmin details. we will try our level best to sort this issue.

Regards
ARK
Thank you much ARK!

So I checked my phpAdmin and it seems that I have no access to the privileges tab. It must be hidden by my provider to prevent wrong use. I've contacted him - now waiting for answer.

In case he doesn't change the privileges the Couch CMS won't run, right?

btw. the tables were created in the DB, but for the fail of the INDEX command there is no access between the backend and the DB, right?

Kind regards

design4u
Hi

it happens with some hosts they disable few features,
"In case ISP doesn't change the privileges the Couch CMS won't run, right?"
yes i am afraid in that case you won't be able use couch, not only couch but won't be able to use drupal etc.

Let's wait for answer from your host.

Regards
ARK
Hi,

the answer from my host : he has enabled the INDEX command for this particular database.

Installation now was succesful with one exception:
Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/html/web335:/tmp) in /var/www/html/web335/html/sub/sandbox/sofa/couch/auth/PasswordHash.php on line 52

Does this have any effect?

Thank you !

Kind regards,

design4u
Whew! Your host seems to have paranoid level security :)

Anyways, I am attaching a slightly modified file. Please put it into the 'auth' folder of couch (your installation folder), overwriting the original PasswordHash.php.

The warning should go away. Please login/logoff to check if everything is working ok.

Thanks.

P.S. By the way, would you mind telling us which host your are on?

Attachments

Thank you !

All work fine now.

My host is a german one, webspace4all.eu , but I have good experiences with the company. Sure , I have to ask for something, but in 98% of the cases I get the feature I want. With any other company (1&1 for example) I couldn't do that - or have to pay for.

One more point I want to have clear for me:
these 2 lines
Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>
MUST be placed as described? Outside the
<html></html>
?

And can you please pm me how much commercial licenses are?

Thank you very much for your kind support!

Kind regards,

design4u
Hi Ernst,

You are most welcome :)
Your host is perfect as it at least listens to your problems and rectifies them.

Coming to the question you asked, the following lines
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

indeed need to be at the very beginning and the very end of the file - in other words everything that needs to be outputted to the browser (<html></html> are of course amongst that) must be enclosed within these two lines.

As for the commercial license, we plan to begin offering those in just a couple of days from now and have decided to price it at $39 per domain (we'll make an official announcement soon).

We'd like to know your views on the pricing.

Thanks
make a multiple domain license. Im designing a game with 42 of my friends we are using UDK Commercial. Our game is a Free game for the PC only (planning on working it out with PS3). I need the multiple domain license ill accept any price.
9 posts Page 1 of 1