Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm sorry but Couch Cms is extremely complicated when it comes to the setup. everything is OK i like the template and everything about it but Couch cms is just too complicated besides i do not like beta versions they come with alot of bugs. Try to fix those problems. some of them may hav to do with the host they have. Give me any comments.
Hi,

I am really sorry you found the setup complicated.
No CMS is perfect and I am sure Couch has its fair share of imperfections. However, I find it strange that of the hundreds and hundreds of downloads we've had in the past month, you are the first and the only person to have complained about the setup being complex.
I wonder how can renaming config.example.php to config.php and changing info in the following four lines be considered complex?
Code: Select all
// MySQL settings 
    // 4.
   // Name of the database
   define( 'K_DB_NAME', 'database_name' );
    // 5.
   // Database username
   define( 'K_DB_USER', 'database_username' );
    // 6.
   // Database password
   define( 'K_DB_PASSWORD', 'database_password' );
    // 7.
   // MySQL hostname (it will usually be 'localhost' )
   define( 'K_DB_HOST', 'localhost' );

After all that is all that is required for installation.

The problems that have cropped up have mostly to do with ioncube loader as some hosts do not support it properly.
We are a very small company and are in a very early stage of our venture but, trust me, once hopefully we establish ourselves we'll remove the encoding altogether.

As for the bugs you mentioned, except for the ckeditor not showing up in non-English locales, we really haven't had any so far. Of course, I won't be as foolish as to claim that there are not any bugs whatsoever.
If you have noticed some more, do let us know.

Finally, I thank you for your comment. We value each and every of our visitor's opinion and try to use them to make Couch better.
I'll request you to kindly post in a list of features in the setup that you found complex and we'll certainly take a second look at the way we are currently doing things.

May I also request our other users to chip in with their thoughts on this topic?
skynight007 wrote: I'm sorry but Couch Cms is extremely complicated when it comes to the setup. everything is OK i like the template and everything about it but Couch cms is just too complicated besides i do not like beta versions they come with alot of bugs. Try to fix those problems. some of them may hav to do with the host they have. Give me any comments.

Could not agree with this statement!
The only trouble, perhaps, will be the ioncube loader. But even this was no problem for me, installation is locally on xampp. Maybe you should read the (very good) doku/tutorial at first?

A hint for the Couch people:
maybe you should make a sticky thread here for ioncube installation,
and also an intro page in the doku/tutorial about this?

regards Manfred
Manfred62 wrote:
The only trouble, perhaps, will be the ioncube loader. But even this was no problem for me, installation is locally on xampp. Maybe you should read the (very good) doku/tutorial at first?

A hint for the Couch people:
maybe you should make a sticky thread here for ioncube installation,
and also an intro page in the doku/tutorial about this?

regards Manfred

Thanks Manfred for backing up couch on it's simplicity, we really appreciate your support, suggestions and encouragement to make couch even better.
we will be posting a sticky thread for ioncube installation soon.
thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Regards
ARK
im not using xampp on my local machine in fact im not using my local machine. Im using a web povder its a site with "unlimited everything". I just cant get the install through. This is he only install with ion cube that i have problems with. I can decode half of the ioncube people have but i dont do it anyways. ill ty to see what is wrong with it. if i get anything ill tell ya. but i really like your cms though.
In a few words so far Couch Cms - Are awesome.

The support is out of this world and have help'ed me with everything. From building and constructing and outlining other problems i questioned.

For that 100% Couch Cms And i will make this work for us at RLM.

Stick with it Couch Cms - I will get everything setup sorted and online. Such as what i questioned and i will make a donation. :D
Hi skynight,

I can really empathize with the trouble you might be facing with ioncube on your host.
Could you kindly explain exactly what is going wrong? Perhaps we could step in and be of any help? Or maybe we can learn something from your problem which could help others.

Thank you very much.
If you could put a video tutorial that would be great. I'm really more accustomed to video as i shows what to do. My personality is more of visualization.
skynight007 wrote: If you could put a video tutorial that would be great. I'm really more accustomed to video as i shows what to do. My personality is more of visualization.

Hello Member,

I've installed the current beta version of this CMS which i would assume you have too. I had no problems and was fine, I think your problems outline with the current host you are using. Which gives you EVERYTHING is cuasing a fault with your Database Promissions. I would advise you contact your host and see why this fault is coming up.

I had no problems with instalation.

Can i ask what company is providing you this host? Maybe then they can help with the problems you are facing.
Hi skynight,

You are right about the video tutorials. We in fact have them on our minds and should start work on them soon.

Thanks for your inputs.
11 posts Page 1 of 2