Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey there,

Immediately after finishing my first Couch website, I started on the second one. It's hosted on the same domain so I temporarily (will buy license when finished) use the same licence. Anyhow, I'm in a little fight with Pretty URLs:

I activated Pretty URLs. When clicking on a link, I was being redirected to /wie/ (means: "who") instead of wie.php. Exactly as I wanted it to be. The only problem: I got a 404 error.

I decided to fix that later, to get on with the designing. I deactivated Pretty URLs, deleted the .htaccess file and went on designing. However, when clicking on a link, I still got directed to the /wie/ instead wie.php. Which is quite strange, since I made sure the settings were reversed to their defaults.

If you'd like to see the page, tell me. It's password protected, but I can make you a login for it ;)

Thanks in advance,
Johan

Edit: Well, the problem only occurs on wie.php and portfolio.php, the two files who were in place when I turned the PrettyURLs on. New added files are just working fine. An empty .htaccess does not work, neither does a .htaccess file with 'RewriteEngine Off' as contents.
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
Webdesign, webdevelopment, webapplications, hosting, advice and more.
Hi,

Can you pass on those links to me please?
I'll send you a PM in a minute.

Edit:

Whoa. I tried it again, just to make sure. It somehow works. I already created you an account, but nevermind. :') I haven't changed a thing (in fact, I haven't touched my computer ever since).. Maybe a browser caching issue?
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
Browser caching issue is what immediately came to my mind but I thought you must have already ruled that out :)
Never mind though. I am glad it is working now.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious when I think about it now :) It might also explain why the Pretty URLs did not work in the first place ;) Thanks for the effort :)
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
5 posts Page 1 of 1