Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Already tried the 1.2 :)

Will it modify anything of the old stuff, making it useless? Because the site im gonna use this on is using 1.1 (i think)

Thanks and regards
Andreas Glimbrant
You can safely upgrade to v1.2 from any previous version.
Nevertheless, it is always a good idea to take a full backup before doing an upgradation.
I don't want to open a new thread, search brought me here.

My client wants to add some JS scripts on his own, that is why I created a new editable field of type "textarea" with parameter "no_xss_check='1'", like specified in the docs.

If I leave the script inside the editable area, the script executes. And the script is shown in the admin panel, in the textarea region.

But if I change something else in that template and click save, I am led to forbidden page, with the following text:

You don't have permission to access /couch/ on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Also, that happens if I self enclose the editable textarea, and then try to add the script via admin panel.

I get what the page says, I don't have permission, but what is the workaround? Is it something I must enable on the server, or is it Couch related?
@madebym, I have seen this happen before and it turned out to be a server related issue - many hosts consider raw JS code being posted as a potential threat and hence reject the submission (you'll likely find a 'PHP hardening' mod e.g. suhosin active on your host).

If the code being submitted contains the following strings, you may try hardcoding them in the template itself and submit only the enclosed JS code through the admin panel -
<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

Hope it helps.
Another solution is to create a short code tag that inserts the opening and closing script tags around the JavaScript code for you.
@KK, @bartonsweb

KK's solution worked great!! Paranoid server mode bypassed :D
16 posts Page 2 of 2