Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm trying to install Couch on a GoDaddy hosted server. IonCube Loaders are installed (accord to ioncubes loader wizard) My database is set up, config.php updated with the appropriate db info. when I try to install I get an Internal Server Error.

I installed Couch locally with MAMP and had no problems. I'm excited to try Couch out on this project, so I hope somebody is able to help me. Time is of the essence though so I may end up having to fall back on WordPress for this one and try Couch later. Somebody help ASAP so I can give Couch a try!
"Internal Server Error" is generic error it does not reveal any useful information, you should check PHP error logs for actual error.

You might want to contact with GoDaddy if you do not have access to error logs generated by your website.
As Sam rightly pointed out, "Internal Server Error" is too generic an error to give any concrete suggestions. Did you contact Godaddy?
If possible, could you PM us your site's credentials. Looking at things first hand might yield some clues.
Thanks
Thanks for providing me with your site's credential.

I had a look and as it turned out, Godaddy was having trouble with the .htaccess found in the Couch installation folder.
This .htaccess file's purpose is to prevent directory browsing and has a single line in it-
Code: Select all
Options All -Indexes

Godaddy, it happens, does not permit the use of 'options' in htaccess.
I deleted the file and everything is ok now.
I must add, that Godaddy by default does not permit directory browsing so the deletion of .htaccess is not a problem.

If anyone happens to get the same '500 Internal server error', please delete the .htaccess file from the main Couch installation folder.
The .htaccess file is also found at two more locations in the Couch installation folder-
/couch/snippets
/couch/uploads/file/secure

These two have the following two lines of directives:
Options All -Indexes
deny from all

These two should be modified to remove the 'Options' directive.
Please do not delete the .htaccess from these two folders as it is meant to disallow direct access to contents within them.
Thanks for the fix and the explanation (I'll know what to do next time I try to load Couch on a GoDaddy host). I look forward to giving CouchCMS a good test run.
Glad to be of any help.
Please feel free to use this forum anytime you happen to need any help with Couch.

Thanks
KK wrote: Thanks for providing me with your site's credential.

I had a look and as it turned out, Godaddy was having trouble with the .htaccess found in the Couch installation folder.
This .htaccess file's purpose is to prevent directory browsing and has a single line in it-
Options All -Indexes

Godaddy, it happens, does not permit the use of 'options' in htaccess.
I deleted the file and everything is ok now.
I must add, that Godaddy by default does not permit directory browsing so the deletion of .htaccess is not a problem.

If anyone happens to get the same '500 Internal server error', please delete the .htaccess file from the main Couch installation folder.
The .htaccess file is also found at two more locations in the Couch installation folder-
/couch/snippets
/couch/uploads/file/secure

These two have the following two lines of directives:
Options All -Indexes
deny from all

These two should be modified to remove the 'Options' directive.
Please do not delete the .htaccess from these two folders as it is meant to disallow direct access to contents within them.

I have the same problem as the OP but I'm on JustHost and I tried this method but It was unsuccessful. I tried to submit a post but it's waiting in moderation. I can PM the FTP details if someone wants to tinker with it.
@kyletroy,

Could you please PM me your site's credentials?
I've actually fixed the problem. It lied within the permissions. I had to set everything (excluding directories) to 755.

All is well!
That is good:)
Do feel free to contact us if you require any help with Couch.
16 posts Page 1 of 2