Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, we need a solution for user management in the backend.

one of our clients asked us to create a user (non-administrator) to access the backend who can see only one section (to make the user see only one section we know that we can use simple-access-control.php) but the user must not be able to modify or delete anything, only see this section in the backend and consult the articles created inside by an administrator user.

How would it be possible to create a user who can only view the section in the backend without being able to do any other action?

Thank you
Best regards
Sounds like an admin-panel 'guest mode' - login, see, but database insert/update/delete queries will be ignored. About 4 years ago I created an working addon that does this 'freezing'. I think it could be reviewed, updated and released. If you have a developer who can do that, I invite you to send me an offer.

Some technical info that could be useful: I used a few listeners for certain Couch events, namely

Code: Select all
add_admin_js
page_presave
page_predelete
page_validate
page_saved
page_deleted
folder_presave
folder_predelete
folder_validate
folder_saved
folder_deleted
user_presave
user_predelete
user_validate
user_saved
user_deleted

and a few other custom actions — create_savepoint, rollback_changes.

Final result was a completely viewable admin-panel, no button was disabled so the visitor can actually click Save button, but of course nothing would be saved and a notification Toastr would be displayed that the panel is in demo mode.
2 posts Page 1 of 1