Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I could use some assistance with a website which has stopped functioning correctly.

The issue is after heading to the Admin page and entering my login credentials, I get the following error:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Nothing has changed in terms of the config, and the website host has confirmed that no server changes have been made at their end.

I could use some advice on how to fix this so my client can enter their admin area again!

Many thanks in advance.
andalusiaa
Hi trendoman, I can confirm that Maintenance mode is not activated and the credentials are unchanged.

In fact, nothing has changed in the back end, so this issue has really come out of the blue.

Thanks,
andalusiaa
If pretty-urls are enabled, try to disable them and temporarily rename .htaccess file. See if that changes anything.
andalusiaa wrote: Hi trendoman, I can confirm that Maintenance mode is not activated and the credentials are unchanged.

In fact, nothing has changed in the back end, so this issue has really come out of the blue.

Thanks,
andalusiaa
Hi trendoman

Bizarrely, that does seem to have worked!

Do you know why this was necessary - what was the issue?

Many thanks for your knowledge.

Best,
andalusiaa
Regenerate a new .htaccess

If you did not edit it, then someone/something else did..

Compare old with new and report if you spot a difference.

andalusiaa wrote: Hi trendoman

Bizarrely, that does seem to have worked!

Do you know why this was necessary - what was the issue?

Many thanks for your knowledge.

Best,
andalusiaa
Hi trendoman,

After following your advice, this morning the issue had risen its head again.

After comparing .htaccess files, there were a few discrepancies.

The main thing that stood out to me was the following:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php56___lsphp .php

Which I think forces the PHP version to run at 5.6 rather than the server's 7.4

Would you agree that this could have been the culprit?

I have amended it to current and hope that the problem will be permanently resolved.

Best,
andalusiaa
Yes, "_lsphp" is some LiteSpeed PHP is being used on your hosting. And I don't know anything about it yet. Anyway, there shouldn't be any trouble with PHP 5.6 per se, as CouchCMS runs on 5.3 as lowest. Yes, if everything is ok now, probably you can sleep well again. If you decide to dig deeper, review the error logs via hosting panel and spot what exactly makes the error appear. If you find anything, let us know — it's either couch should adapt to it or we should know the hosting company name to avoid it.

andalusiaa wrote: Hi trendoman,

After following your advice, this morning the issue had risen its head again.

After comparing .htaccess files, there were a few discrepancies.

The main thing that stood out to me was the following:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php56___lsphp .php

Which I think forces the PHP version to run at 5.6 rather than the server's 7.4

Would you agree that this could have been the culprit?

I have amended it to current and hope that the problem will be permanently resolved.

Best,
andalusiaa
7 posts Page 1 of 1