Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='artwork_details' label='Artwork Details' type='group'>

<cms:editable
    name='main_image_thumb'
    label='Main Image Preview'
    desc='Thumbnail of main image'
    width='100'
    show_preview='1'
    assoc_field='main_image'
    type='thumbnail'
   order='-2'
   alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)"
   />

<cms:editable name='main_image' desc='Upload artwork image here' type='image' order='-1' alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)"  />

<cms:repeatable name='thumbnail_images'  order='-1'  >
    <cms:editable type='image' name='thumbnail_images'  label='Thumbnail Images' alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)" width='10' show_preview='1' />
   </cms:repeatable>

<cms:editable name='artwork_title' desc='Input artwork title here' type='text' order='10' />
   <cms:editable name='artist_name' type='text' order='20'  />
   <cms:editable name='art_year' type='text' order='30'  />
   <cms:editable name='art_dimensions' type='text'  desc='Input artwork dimensions here' order='40' />
   <cms:editable name='art_medium' type='text'   desc='Input artwork medium here' order='50' />
    <cms:editable name='artwork_description' type='richtext'   desc='Input artwork description here (Optional)' order='60'  />

</cms:editable>

Fields do not show in the order intended, and the image upload fields are the only fields that appear within the group. Everything else remains outside of the group above it (screenshot attached). I'm logged in as super-admin and have appropriately refreshed the page. I've had the issue for a while and can't seem to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Hi,

This is quite strange as I copy/pasted and tested your code and it works just fine for me.

Anyway, I suggest you please try the following -

a. Delete the type='group' editable region surrounding the enclosed fields.
Visit the modified template as super-admin and come back to the admin-panel and confirm that the group is gone and the fields it enclosed are now no longer grouped.

b. If the step above works as stated, place the type='group' editable region definition we removed above back to its original state and visit as super-admin. This should recreate the group and also place the fields within it.

Does this help? Do let me know.
KK wrote: Hi,

This is quite strange as I copy/pasted and tested your code and it works just fine for me.

Anyway, I suggest you please try the following -

a. Delete the type='group' editable region surrounding the enclosed fields.
Visit the modified template as super-admin and come back to the admin-panel and confirm that the group is gone and the fields it enclosed are now no longer grouped.

b. If the step above works as stated, place the type='group' editable region definition we removed above back to its original state and visit as super-admin. This should recreate the group and also place the fields within it.

Does this help? Do let me know.

Removing the group region moves the fields out of the group, but even with the code gone, leaves an empty group collapsible tab at the bottom of the page (have to go into phpmyadmin to delete it) and the fields still remain out of order.

Code following the removal:
Code: Select all
       <cms:editable
    name='main_image_thumb'
    label='Main Image Preview'
    desc='Thumbnail of main image'
    width='100'
    show_preview='1'
    assoc_field='main_image'
    type='thumbnail'
   order='-2'
   alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)"
   />

<cms:editable name='main_image' desc='Upload artwork image here' type='image' order='-1' alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)"  />

<cms:repeatable name='thumbnail_images'  order='-1'  >
    <cms:editable type='image' name='thumbnail_images'  label='Thumbnail Images' alt="Artwork Image (Details can be found in adjacent column)" width='10' show_preview='1' />
   </cms:repeatable>

<cms:editable name='artwork_title' desc='Input artwork title here' type='text' order='10' />
   <cms:editable name='artist_name' type='text' order='20'  />
   <cms:editable name='art_year' type='text' order='30'  />
   <cms:editable name='art_dimensions' type='text'  desc='Input artwork dimensions here' order='40' />
   <cms:editable name='art_medium' type='text'   desc='Input artwork medium here' order='50' />
    <cms:editable name='artwork_description' type='richtext'   desc='Input artwork description here (Optional)' order='60'  />

Screenshot following the edit attached:

Attachments

but even with the code gone, leaves an empty group collapsible tab at the bottom of the page
Which is again very unexpected :)
Anyway, what happens when you put back the group around the fields?
KK wrote:
but even with the code gone, leaves an empty group collapsible tab at the bottom of the page
Which is again very unexpected :)
Anyway, what happens when you put back the group around the fields?

That's what I was afraid of haha! Throwing the group back on again moves only the image upload fields back into the group, and it remains at the bottom of the page. Happy to message you login details if it would help. Thanks again!
Are you sure the group is not being somehow defined *twice*? It can happen if, e.g., you are using a snippet somewhere containing the same definition. Please check.
KK wrote: Are you sure the group is not being somehow defined *twice*? It can happen if, e.g., you are using a snippet somewhere containing the same definition. Please check.

Did a full automated search of all the files on the site looking for the keyword "artwork_details" and it only returns the current page I'm working on, and only exists within the page within the current area in question. :(
Isn't there an option to cut all definitions (this will delete the inputted data), then paste fields back? It heals issues, especially given @KK confirmed no errors in code.
(Mandatory revisit of page by superadmin is required after both operations to persist the change.)
trendoman wrote: Isn't there an option to cut all definitions (this will delete the inputted data), then paste fields back? It heals issues, especially given @KK confirmed no errors in code.
(Mandatory revisit of page by superadmin is required after both operations to persist the change.)

Can't cut all definitions as I have hundreds of pages at this point unfortunately.
dbfa wrote:
trendoman wrote: Isn't there an option to cut all definitions (this will delete the inputted data), then paste fields back? It heals issues, especially given @KK confirmed no errors in code.

Can't cut all definitions as I have hundreds of pages at this point unfortunately.

Try to create a new template and copy-paste fields there. Does the problem manifest itself in the new fresh one as well?
11 posts Page 1 of 2