Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I've setup my website years ago with Couch and back then I needed features that may now be present in the latest version. But migrating to the latest could be a hassle. I had added extended users plugin among others.

I have added a few editable fields in the \users\index.php and when I look at a user definition in the admin panel I see them. But I also see others that are confusing. At the top of the screen I see it start with Username, DisplayName, and Email Address. But at the bottom of the screen (after my editable fields) I also see Email, Display Name, Username. But these last three fields don't appear to be used anywhere in the system. How can I eliminate them from the user profile screen?

Also, on the left sidebar of the admin pages, I see Users listed twice (once with strikeout). Is this because I have the additional editable fields defined?

ImageCapture061.png
ImageCapture061.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
I am not sure but perhaps this is an issue similar to one being discussed here -
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=28616#p28616

Could you please take a look at the thread and let me know if the fix suggested by me there would help?

Thanks.
KK, I read that thread about 5 times and I'm a little dizzy. Seems like it was a larger issue than what I have, and I wasn't really sure what to take from it. I did examine my files a bit more though, which looked ok as far as relates to that other thread. But I did find some interesting things.

Here's my users\index.php:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once( '../couch/cms.php' ); ?>
<h2>/USERS/INDEX.PHP - Has Been Registered</h2>
<cms:template clonable='1' title='Users' hidden='1' order='97'>
    <!--
        If additional fields are required for users, they can be defined here in the usual manner.
    -->       
   <cms:editable order='1' type='image' name='member_image' label='Photo (filename should be "lastname.jpg" (if duplicate use "lastname-firstname.jpg")' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Classification' name='classification' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Spouse/Partner' name='spouse' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Board Title' name='board_title' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Home Address' name='home_addr' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Home Phone' name='home_phone' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Biz Name' name='biz_name' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Biz Address' name='biz_addr' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Biz Phone' name='biz_phone' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='text' label='Cell Phone' name='cell_phone' />
   <cms:editable order='2' type='richtext' toolbar='basic' label='Description' name='desc'/>
</cms:template>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

And here's an image of the bottom of a user definition in the Admin. Viewing source I find f_email, f_title, and f_name appear somehow wrapped AROUND my "desc" field. At the top of the page the three fields are f_k_name, f_k_title and f_k_email. I don't understand how the "f_k_" differs from "f_" or where these duplicates are coming from.
ImageCapture065.png
ImageCapture065.png (15.38 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
3 posts Page 1 of 1