Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am seeing a Page Not Found error when setting a parent page using the Nested Pages feature. This error is not present when PrettyURLs are turned off.

I tried regenerating the htaccess file, but that did not help.
More often than not, it is stale .htaccess that causes this issue. But then, you said you already checked that.
So two things -
1. Do you get this issue with all nested pages or just those under a particular parent page?
2. If this happens under a particular page, please check if the name does not match an actual physical folder on the server (because the server will give preference to the physical folder and this could cause the issue).
It happens regardless of what I set the parent page to. I also tried creating a new test page and giving it a different parent, but it showed the same error.

I have test site that is not experiencing this problem. I'm not sure why that is.
That really points to a .htaccess issue.
Please try deleting the existing .htaccess file (the one the site root; not in couch folder) and then recreating it.

If it still does not work, try ascertaining if that .htaccess is even working - to do that, knowingly introduce some syntax error in it and see if the web server complains by throwing a 500 error.
I deleted the .htaccess file and uploaded a fresh one, but it didn't solve the issue. I checked that it was being read by adding the syntax error, as instructed, and it did show the server error.
I know this is an old thread, but I was finishing up some site reorganizing and realized that I never actually solved this problem. I'd forgotten about it because the site causing problems (my home site) doesn't currently need any nested pages. Coincidentally, it's the only site with this issue. My other sites all use the same version of couch with the same layout, except for the store pages that my home site has.

I tried regenerating the htaccess again, after disabling/reenabling prettyURLs, but the issue remains. For this site only, turning on prettyURLs makes nested pages not work.
6 posts Page 1 of 1