Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Teaching myself web development by building for myself a blog/portfolio site has been like learning to swim by jumping off a diving platform into the deep end of a pool.

When I get to the step in the turoial https://docs.couchcms.com/tutorials/portfolio-site/building-a-real-world-site.html that states "Access the admin section through your browser - http://www.mytestsite.com/couch/", rather than an "Istallation required" popup, I get a listing of the Couch directory in my browser window. I am using VS Code to open the site with Live Server then manually navigating to "127.0.0.1:5500/couch/" I had initially thought I had problems with my php intallation paths (as it appears the couch installer is a .php file). However, I can find no issues.

Any help in finding my errors would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

Please try accessing the index.php file located within the 'couch' folder explicitly i.e. like this -
Code: Select all
127.0.0.1:5500/couch/index.php

If PHP is configured correctly, the script should execute and begin the installation.

Keep us posted.
When I try to directly call index.php, I get a "Save As" prompt; my browser is trying to download the file. This is also what happened when I tried calling install.php. To ensure I have placed the Couch folder in the correct position and have properly edited the config file (I have no clue at this point whether that may play a role in my difficulties), I am attaching a screenshot showing folder hierarchy and the first part of the config file.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Attachments

I get a "Save As" prompt; my browser is trying to download the file

That clearly shows that your web server is not correctly configured to run PHP.

I'd suggest you please use any of the portable WAMP/LAMP/MAMP stacks readily available out there for development.
That would be the most straightforward path.
WAMP seems to be a much easier approach than trying to spin up each of the individual applications separately--the method I've been trying to muddle through.

Let's call this one solved. If I have other issues with Couch, I know exactly where to look. Thank you so very much. You are wonderful and should be considered for sainthood.
:lol:
You are welcome.
6 posts Page 1 of 1