Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello

I just wanted to update to the latest CouchCMS. While testing I found that the variable k_extended_user_id is missing in the new version, an in the new version this id is in k_user_id. But the k_user_id is missing in the new version. This leads to the situation that all snippets going through the extended users with cms:pages ... do not work. Of course I could change the code in all snippets, but better I understand the reason of this change.

Can you explain why the variable name has changed/been replaced?

Here a cms:dump_all excerpt from the two versions:

*** Version old ***
__ROOT__
k_user_id: 4757
k_user_name: ...
k_user_title: ...
k_user_email: ...
k_user_access_level: 10
k_user_disabled: 0
k_logged_in: 1
k_extended_user_id: 1
k_cms_version: 2.2.beta
k_cms_build: 20180619

*** Version latest ***
__ROOT__
k_user_id: 1
k_user_name: ...
k_user_title: ...
k_user_email: ...
k_user_access_level: 10
k_user_disabled: 0
k_logged_in: 1
Missing: k_extended_user_id
k_cms_version: 2.2.1
k_cms_build: 20201114

Addendum/Edit:

I havew not found differences concerning extended users when comparing the code of the two versions. I use the following code structure dozens of times in the application:
Code: Select all
<cms:if k_logged_in>
   <cms:pages masterpage='app/users/index.php' custom_field="extended_user_id==<cms:show k_extended_user_id />">
   </cms:pages>
</cms:if>
I checked and compared the files of couch between the two versions. The files from extended-users.php is exactly the same. This is the only file where the variable k_extended_user_id is set.

Anyone an idea?
Hi,

As you have noted, nothing has changed in the code-base of extended -users.
So, you'll have to double-check your setup to see if all things are configured as required by extended-users module to work -

1. the addon is enabled in addons/kfunctions.php
2. the user template (app/users/index.php in your case) is registered with couch (i.e. it appears in the admin sidebar)
3. the aforementioned template above is added in extended-users config (couch/addons/extended/config.php)
4. finally, try manually editing/creating a cloned page of the aforementioned template and make sure the fields that the addon is supposed to add to it (namely Extended-User Email, New Password and Repeat New Password) do appear in the form. If they don't, then you have missed one of the steps above.

Please check and let me know.
Oh, I forgot this file config.php in the couch/addons/extended folder to prepare for the new couch folder. Now it works!

Regards and thank you very much!

Olliwalli
You are welcome :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1