Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a very strange problem...

First: last week the small sites for which I use couch on one server all started giving 500 errors. Since it was all of them at once I raised a support ticket, and the support staff on the host responded by setting the PHP version to 5.5 on all subdomains. This brought the sites back up.

Today, someone attempting to upload an image has reported an issue. kcfinder was saying it could not write to the thumbnails folder. In order to get image uploading working, I have had to set permissions to 777 (from 755) at all levels from the base public_html directory down. This is not something I like doing!

Now the image will upload - and I can see it's there on the server. However if it is used within a page, is is not served. The server error log is now throwing out errors like this (I've 'anonymised' out identifying details like IP and site name):
Code: Select all
[Thu Nov 19 13:33:27.348884 2020] [core:error] [pid 3195725] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50837] Caught race condition abuser. attacker: 1103, victim: 99 open file owner: 99, open file: /home/<path>/ocds-corona.jpg, referer: https://<domain>/edit/?o=articles.php&q=edit/2e65d845b5f69d6c714eccd4e3fe23df/689

I've never see an error like that before.

I have cpanel access to this shared hosting, so not full ssh access. I reckon the issue is likely to be related to the PHP 'downgrade' to 5.5, rather than to any specific Couch issue, but I frankly don't know what to ask the hosting support desk to do!

Where do I start?

Looks like the following problem to me -
https://techmesrv.weebly.com/apache-err ... error-logs

From what I could gather, using the correct ownership for the files would rectify it.

I think there is (since you had to set 777 on the site root) a deeper permission/ownership misconfiguration at play.
Please take this up with your host.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, @KK - I'll take it up with them.
3 posts Page 1 of 1