Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
After updating a page, the editor (not the admin) has following problem:

1. Edit a page
2. Save page
3. Change to another page
4. Firefox asks: "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved."

The data are saved! Any ideas?

Attachments

I have to correct myself. This happens to the superadmin, too. And I don't need to change something. Just click in the backend navigation on the page and then on another page produces the error.

It happens only in Firefox.

Edit: Even if I reload the backend page (i.e. https://www.domain.com/cms/?o=publicati ... e3ece2aee/) it happens
Does this happen on a page with a richtext-type editable? It is a faulty admin-side script shipped with Couch. I had written a better js solution long ago and shared it with KK. The file responsible for behavior is couch\theme\_system\includes\admin\main.js
trendoman wrote: Does this happen on a page with a richtext-type editable?

Yes, there are many richtext-editables. I just added 3 editables. I don't understand, what exact happend. This doesn't appear on my test server.

What is the best way to examine, which form element value changes after loading?
SimonWpt wrote: What is the best way to examine, which form element value changes after loading?

How can I debug, what is going wrong? The customer is very unlucky, that on every save the message popup.
I found a weird solution:

1. I comment out line 31 in main.js (thank you Anton for the hint)
2. I make a hard browser reload to activate the changed main.js
3. Save the page
4. Restore line 31
5. I make a hard browser reload to activate the changed main.js

The message does not appear again. Something in the COUCH.updateRichTextContent-function seems to create the problem.
I have no intent to dive deeper into debugging or learning more on this issue. I remember having spent a ton of time (like days) to go through that JS and it resulted in a completely rewritten function that checks editable fields for changes. It had to do with updated api of ckeditor, something like that the changed content must be checked in a different way, not like it is checked in original code. I am happy with more robust solution. I have no feedback why it did not come into repository, but it works reliably well for me and other fellows who happened to get it from me.
I have pushed a commit to GitHub that should rectify this issue.
Please test and let me know if it helps.

Thanks @trendoman for the CKEditor::checkDirty() tip.
KK wrote: Please test and let me know if it helps.

I can't reproduce the error, so your commit seems fix the problem.

Thank you.
9 posts Page 1 of 1