Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello KK,
I used the query tag to run some custom queries that returned only IDs. I fed the IDs into the pages tag, however the pages are not ordered in the exact order returned by the custom query. How do I achieve this?
NB: I can't use the each tag because I need to use some custom fields and other parameters in the pages tag to apply to filtering. Thank you
Hi,

I used the query tag to run some custom queries that returned only IDs. I fed the IDs into the pages tag

One can make the <cms:query> tag return pages (instead of just IDs) - no need to additionally use <cms:pages> to do that.
Any reason why you are not going this route?
The reason I couldn't make the <cms:query> return pages was because I couldn't use the "custom_field", "orderby" and and "order" parameters in the <cms:query> tag.

I used some custom calculations in the <cms:query> tag to get the pages and used sql ORDER BY to order the fetched pages by the calculation. However I will be using values from querystrings values from a url to filter the pages further.
Hello KK,
Please any solution on this? "Re: Show pages by IDs fed from custom query in exact order". I have tried all possible means but can't find my head around it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1