Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
More image randomly not uploading foo.

I have built out a simple gallery that works for the most part. However, as I was transferring 110 images into the gallery, I found that about 1/2 of them would not upload.

I went back and checked the sizes on these files. All were well underneath the 2MB limit (only 4 were close, between 1.5 and 1.9MB). One image, in particular, was only 1MB and would not upload.

From a previous post, I checked file name conventions (no -8x10 suffixes, for example). I also checked my phpinfo() settings (the three relevant file size limits were well above 2MB [32MB or higher]).

Sometimes I can clearly see the success/failure icon got yellow/fail. Other times, the uploader will indicate that the upload succeeded (green icon) but the file does not upload [EDIT] and/or it does upload but isn't seen by Couch.

Here is an image that will not upload:

https://northtexasaikido.com/warehouse/ ... 09waza.jpg

In this image's case, it is uploaded and exists within the couch/uploads/gallery directory, as shown below

But, clearly, something went a little bonkers with the thumbnail generation there (?).

This is on a fresh gallery, with all previous images/directories removed from the uploads directory. Here is what I see on the gallery page:

Here is what I see after a successful upload:

This was the last part of the site I needed to build out to deliver it to the client. I hope it's an easy fix/operator error, but I can't seem to solve it myself. Thanks!
It could be an 'insufficient memory' problem.
Size of an image is not a true indicator of how much memory PHP will require to process it (because images need to be uncompressed before processing them and this can increase the memory requirement considerably).

Please check your phpinfo() to see how much memory has been allocated to PHP and double or triple it (in your php.ini) to see if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

All my memory settings seem roomy enough.

Currently:

memory_limit 128M 128M
upload_max_filesize 32M 32M
post_max_size 8M 8M

EDIT:

BTW, I can successfully upload these images directly to the server using the "regular" image uploader. For example, on another page, I have an image. I uploaded the https://northtexasaikido.com/warehouse/ ... 09waza.jpg to this successfully.

However, when using the gallery uploader, it still fails.

NOTE: In this case, the upload SUCCEEDS (and the file is in the gallery upload directory) but Couch refuses to display it in the gallery list.

There are two problems here:

Problem 1: Sometimes, images fail to upload for unexplained reasons (no errors in the php log, for example).

Problem 2: Sometimes, images upload but Couch does not recognize them, even though they are in the file system. The php log is clear of errors.

I went back to scratch, again, removed all templates, deleted the entire site, made sure the .files were being copied correctly, re-ran.

As before, the normal image uploader will accept and create the thumbnail for the image in question. The gallery image uploader will accept and upload the image, but fail to create the thumbnail and fail to display the image as available in the gallery.

4 posts Page 1 of 1