Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been awake for a while I can't figure out how best to phrase my title.

So for example I have services.php which has "baking, cooking, frying, grilling" as individual pages.
Then I have a blog that has many many blog posts, each post having a "has='one' relation" to one of the services.
So, blog one can be related to baking, blog two related to frying, blog three related to baking again.

When I loop through the blog pages (<cms:pages 'blog.php'>) I wil end up with a blog-title and the service it's related to for each blog entry. Lets say the following example is what I get:

Title: How to fry fish, Service: frying
    Title: How to bake fish, Service: baking
    Title: How to fry brisket, Service: frying
    Title: How to bake brisket, Service: baking
    Title: How to fry okra, Service: frying

I'm looking for a way to cache the services from this loop so I only end up with one "frying" value of 3 and one "baking" value of 2,

Sorry for the lengthy explanation
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
cholasimmons wrote: I'm looking for a way to cache the services from this loop so I only end up with one "frying" value of 3 and one "baking" value of 2,

Sorry for the lengthy explanation

Could you explain a little bit more the expected result? :)
If duplicates are filtered out, then listing will only show 4 "unique-service" blog posts - same as listing services and showing 1 single related blog post for each.
Some sort of if statement combined with couch set directives would work for this, I'm just looking for an inbuilt solution if one does exist.

Let's say a loop results in "baking, baking, frying, baking and frying".
That's 3 baking, and 2 frying.

I only want baking to appear once (with a value of 3 since there were 3 entries with baking,
and frying appears once with a value of 2
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
How about aggregate_by clause (Aggregate queries (involving count): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8581 ) -

we can query the reverse-related template by explicitly specifying the name of the containing template with the relation field's name e.g. the following will list all courses with the number of students taking them -

Code: Select all
    <cms:pages masterpage='courses.php' aggregate_by='students.php::take' custom_field="k_rel_count>1" orderby='k_rel_count' >
        <a href="<cms:show k_page_link />"><h3><cms:show k_page_title /> (<cms:show k_rel_count />)</h3></a>
    </cms:pages>
4 posts Page 1 of 1