Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to create a page with comment ability. I have the following on the page:

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Comments' commentable='1' />

However, the checkbox for comments is not showing in the admin, and I get the following when I try to submit the form:

Could not post comment!
The following error occurred while processing your comment:
Comments not allowed

Is there somewhere that disallows comments site-wide or some other setting needed to enable comments?

Thanks!
Hi,

I think the commentable='1' directive has not been picked up by Couch so the template is not yet commentable.
To test this, please put a <cms:dump_all /> statement in your template and find the following line from the resulting output -
k_template_is_commentable

It should ideally be '1'; if not, then you need to figure out why the commentable='1' directive is not being persisted. For that, please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8059

Chances are the changed template is not being visited as super-admin.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I am the superadmin and can edit the page. I've identified the part of the code that prevented the commenting ability:

<cms:template title='Metaphysical' clonable='1' >
         <cms:editable name='banner_image' label='Image' desc='Upload top banner image' type='image' />
      </cms:template>

Maybe it's that I have this second <cms:template> tag. Removing this tag and keeping just the editable field fixed the issue for me.
Maybe it's that I have this second <cms:template> tag

Yes, that was indeed the issue - the last <cms:template> tag would overwrite the previous one thus removing the 'commentable' part.
4 posts Page 1 of 1