Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello there

It is my understanding is that when a cached page is being served it will show <!-- cached page --> at the source and that files will be created in the cache folder with pagehash.dat filenames and that cache is refreshed for all templates when a change is made to any template page?

Now, I enabled cache then went into one of my template cloned pages and made a change to the text and saved.

I then:
- checked the cache folder and the cache_invalidate.dat was showed to just be updated so something happened, but there were no .dat files for pages that show today's date.
- checked the source code of the page (on another browser not logged into the site as admin) and there was nothing in the source about cached page.

I have file permissions on cache folder set to 777 and I show no errors in my php log.

Appreciate the help.
Hi,

It is my understanding is that when a cached page is being served it will show <!-- cached page --> at the source and that files will be created in the cache folder with pagehash.dat filenames and that cache is refreshed for all templates when a change is made to any template page?

That is quite accurate.

As to why, then, pages are not being cached -
do you see this happening for all templates of your site or only some of them?

If it is for only a few, perhaps they are using <cms:no_cache /> explicitly (or orderby='random' with <cms:pages> which does the same implicitly)?

Please check.
2 posts Page 1 of 1