Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi KK,
I need help implementing this:
I created a subdomain under my main domain and I want to add a template to it. I want this template to share the same couch cms folder with the main domain so i added and index.php file as a test file to the subdomain and added the couch essentials to it like this:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once('../kt-admin/cms.php'); ?>
<cms:template title="Test template" clonable="1" />

<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

I keep getting this message when I try visiting the subdomain: Please define your website's URL in config.php. I don't want to use a separate couch cms for the subdomain. I want it to use the one for the main domain and I also want templates in the subdomain to appear in the admin for the main domain. Thank you
When you say 'subdomain', I'll assume it is something like -
'xyz.yourdomain.com' and not 'www.yourdomain.com/xyz'.(although physically 'xyz' could be a sub-folder of the main domain).

If that is correct, then you are likely to confuse Couch by mixing up things the way you are planning.
Go with a separate Couch installation as 'xyz.yourdomain.com' and ''www.yourdomain.com' are bonafide separate entities and should be treated as such.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it is xyz.domain.com. I was trying to avoid 2 admin areas for the main domain and then the subdomain.

If I should use a separate couch cms for the subdomain, can there be a way both domain and subdomain can share the same admin area ?
If I should use a separate couch cms for the subdomain, can there be a way both domain and subdomain can share the same admin area ?
Separate Couch installations equate separate admin panels :)
Thank you very much KK.
5 posts Page 1 of 1